A resume is a document that contains a brief description of your job experience, academic record and skills. It is the most important piece of paper or vehicle, which can land you in a job or interview! The resume is actually a selling tool which outlines your talents or skills in a manner so that an employer can determine whether you are suitable for the job or not. Hence, it is of utmost importance that your resume highlights you as a competent and knowledgeable person.
Writing a resume for an Account payable clerk is an easy but you need to pitch your skills in a manner that the recruiter gets impressed! For example, your resume needs to include stuff like, “handled accounts payable, processed and sent purchase orders, tracked budget, prepared extensive and exhaustive report, trained customers and employees and much more.” You can see for yourself that all these lines will create a huge impact on the employer- and he/she will get tempted towards selecting you.
Here are some of the basic rules which you need to remember for writing account payable clerk resume:
- The first part of your resume is the “objective”. A resume objective is a powerful tool which presents your qualities in a convincing/ compelling manner in front of the employer. For example, you may right the objective as, “A goal oriented and dynamic professional with over x years of experience in handling accounts payable, designing system of tax payments, auditing accounts and recording data, entering account invoices and training employees.” A good objective means that your selection chances increase credibly!
- The second part of the resume is the “job experience” section. Here you need to mention about the tasks or duties that you have performed in the previous 3-5 companies. For example, you may write that you handled all activities related to accounts payable, prepared an extensive financial report, drafted all the official company correspondence, reconciled daily invoice transactions and supervised or trained junior staff. Remember that your “job experience” is your trump card and you need to pitch it as carefully as possible.
- Now, the next section is the “educational qualification”. Here you need to mention about the various degrees and certifications that you hold. You may also mention about the side course, seminars and conferences etc which you ma have attended. It shows that you are a hardworking and meticulous person.
- Of course, the next step is to write about your talents or skills. For example, you may mention about your inter-personal, communication, analytical, decision-making, typing, computer and bookkeeping skills.
- Make your resume easy to read or easy flowing. Don’t exaggerate where it is not required. Mention your name, address, contact number and e-mail address boldly on top of the resume.
Well, these are some of the tips which you need to follow, if you want to make your resume effective or striking. Just make sure that your resume leaves a lasting impression on the mind of the recruiter!
We have many more Career Help Articles Now Available.