Whole life insurance is a great tool to both protect your family and grow your money. Here’s whole life insurance advice that explains what whole life insurance is and how to get the best rate.
What is Whole Life Insurance?
Whole life insurance has two components: insurance to protect your family and an investment option that builds up equity known as the cash value. When you buy this type of insurance, part of your premium pays for the actual insurance and the rest is invested.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Whole Life Insurance
The main disadvantage of whole life insurance is that it costs more than other types of life insurance. However, it also offers many advantages:
* The premium does not increase as you get older.
* The coverage does not expire as long as you continue paying the premium.
* Your cash value continues to grow as long as you hold the policy.
* You can cancel or surrender your policy at any time and still receive the equity you’ve built up. You can also borrow against the cash value.
* Your cash value is tax-deferred until you withdraw it.
Finding the Best Rate
Because whole life insurance can be expensive, you need to comparison shop in order to make sure you’re getting the best rate possible. The easiest way to comparison shop is to go to an insurance comparison website. On these websites you fill out a simple online questionnaire with information such as …
* How much insurance you want to buy
* What your age is
* What your occupation is
* How your health is
Once you submit the application, you’ll receive quotes from several A-rated insurance companies. Then all you have to do is review the quotes and choose the one that’s best for you.