Egypt is a land of wonders and civilization. A trip to Egypt is a dream for an avid traveler. The country is full of monuments, sightseeing, attractions, entertainment, beaches with white sand and desert adventure. The choices are varied and exciting for one who is planning a holiday to Egypt.
Since a traveler vacation is limited to a couple of days on which all these interesting places are very hard to cover in one trip the article will list the most important places to visit in Egypt. We have many More Egypt Vacation Information, Travel Review and Tourist Attractions Articles Now Available.
Cairo is a destination never to be missed for a first time traveler to Egypt. It has multiple attractions that can be covered in a couple of days
- The Pyramids of Giza are considered the most visited attraction in the world, this attraction is not to be missed for a first time traveler and you can combine your day trip to the Pyramid with a visit to Sakkara and Memphis where the monuments there like the step Pyramid of Zoser and Memphis complements the understanding of history of those Pharaohs who built the Pyramids
- Islamic Cairo: as Cairo is said to be the city of 1000 minaretes due to its heritage of mosques and Islamic monuments, a day devoted to tour the main Islamic monuments in the City as the Citadel of Salah El Din, Ibn Toulun Mosque, El Rifai Mosque and Sultan Hassan Mosque is essential to know this part of history of this lovely city. Finishing your visit by strolling the Khan El Khalili Bazaar where its shops in the district are legendary with brass and copper ware, silver, gold, wood, spices, fabrics.
- Coptic Cairo: Coptic Cairo is home to some of the oldest Christian churches in the word. The Hanging Church, known as “El Muallaqa” was believed to be built at the end of 3rd century and was dedicated to Virgin Mary. On the outer wall us the Greek Church of St. George and the church of St. Sergius which is a perfect example of Coptic churches and monasteries. Inside it is a crypt mentioning that it has sheltered the wholy family during their flight to Egypt.
- Egyptian Musuem: houses thousands of relics and artifacts that are displayed in chronical order, the most important are those relics discovered in the boy King tomb of Tut Ankh Amun on which his golden mask is a master piece.
- Modern Attractions: besides those ancient monuments Cairo is full of modern attractions. The Cairo tower, the Pharaonic village, Fagnoon art school
Luxor houses an open air museum and contains one third of the world’s ancient monuments.
- Luxor East Bank; which contains the Karnak temple which is the second most visited attractions in Egypt after the Pyramids and the Luxor temple
- Luxor West bank: this is the where the old pharaohs used to burry their kings and Queens. It contains a number of tombs with relics on the walls that still have vivid colors. In the west bank there is the Hatshepsut temple and the collosi of memnon.
Aswan is a lovely city especially when visited in Winter because it is relatively hot in summer. We have many More Egypt Vacation Information, Travel Review and Tourist Attractions Articles Now Available.