One of the best ways to accelerate weight loss is to do cardio routines. Cardio gets your heart rate up, gets the blood flowing, raises body temperature and heightens calorie consumption. Cardio also strengthens your heart and lungs, improve circulation and other bodily functions. If done correctly, cardio routines can prove to be a valuable asset in your health and weight loss program.
But which cardio routines work best for you? Which are the best weight loss exercises?
Here are common cardio routines arranged from the most to the least effective in terms of weight loss:
1. Running – Running is a massive cardio routine because it gets every part of your body moving. Running can be a high intensity workout all by itself. If you do run, make sure to swing your arms and really get your entire body into the motion. Take care not to run if you experience knee or back pain. Try running on a soft surface such as grass or sand and minimize the time you run on asphalt. If you suffered any sort of physical injury in the past, consult your doctor before running. We have many more Weight Loss Workout Routine Articles Now Available.
2. Cycling – Bicycle riding (as long as it’s done outdoors) is a great cardio routine. Of course you need to be proficient in riding a bike, but it can really get your heart pumping. Make sure to ride only in safe places. Avoid the side of busy roads. Stick to bicycle lanes whenever possible.
3. Rowing Machine – The rowing machine is a personal favorite of mine as it’s not only a cardio machine but also a great strength builder for the back and biceps. The one downfall of this machine is that you’re sitting down while doing it. But pumping the rows back and forth gets you sweating in a minute. Of course, rowing a canoe, if that is possible for you, is even more effective.
4. Walking – Walking is also a great cardio routine. Don’t stroll, do brisk walking and get your arms into the motion. For added difficulty, you can try walking with small dumbbells or wrist-strap-on weights. Try combining interval running with walking for accelerated weight loss.
5. Swimming – Swimming is a great body building cardio routine as it strengthens the entire body. However, it is difficult for regular swimmers to get their heart rate up while swimming and maintaining that heart rate for a long time.
6. Elliptical – The elliptical is great for people who suffered knee injuries as it doesn’t jar your legs. However, it has almost zero resistance and usually doesn’t get your upper body into the motion. I like incorporating it into my cool down routine for some added calorie burning.
7. Gym bicycle – I dislike the gym bicycle because you usually sit back and just pedal away. The very act of sitting down makes this a much less effective routine.
Any of the 7 routines I’ve laid out are good weight loss exercises. Some are more intense than others but can be perfect for you. Make sure to enjoy your cardio routines. Enjoying yourself will also accelerate your weight loss. We have many more Cardiovascular Workout Routine Articles Now Available.