Cardio routines are one of the most effective types of exercise to accelerate weight loss. Cardio increases your heart rate, strengthens your lungs and reduces calories. At an optimal 4 times a week, cardio routines are proven to enhance your progress in weight loss and health. We have many more Cardio Workout Routine Articles Now Available.
From the most to the least effective in terms of weight loss, the cardio routines below can help you lose weight and feel more energetic:
- Running: Running is an excellent form of exercise for losing weight because it requires a lot of energy. Your body burns a large number of calories while running. The number of calories burned during a run is significantly more than with other types of exercise.
- Bike Riding: Bike riding is good for those who are looking for an exercise that is gentle on the body. Riding to a friend’s house or shop is a great way to incorporate regular exercise into your busy schedule.
- Rowing Machine: The rowing machine is by far the best cardio machine to build muscles in the upper body and back. This exercise is low impact and gets you to your target heart rate easily due to arm & leg movement.
- Walking: Walking is most effective at a fast pace with arm movement. For added strength, you can walk with small dumbbells or strap-on wrist weights.
- Swimming: Swimming works your whole body, improving cardiovascular conditioning, muscle strength, endurance, posture and flexibility. It improves the flow of oxygen without overworking the heart.
- Elliptical: The elliptical is relatively low impact and is therefore less stress on the joints. It is excellent for rehabilitating injuries or for beginners.
As a rule, any exercise that causes your heart to beat fast and can be sustained for more than 20 minutes is a good cardio exercise. We have many more Cardio Workout Routine Articles Now Available.