Cozumel makes the perfect location for a relaxing, memorable vacation. It has been called the soul of the Caribbean and is home to the second largest coral reef in the world, making it a scuba diver’s dream.
Breathtaking, clear blue waters with visibility of more than 200 feet provide the perfect backdrop for more than 100 scuba and snorkeling dive sites. Visit Cozumel for a taste of Mexican culture in one of the world’s most beautiful and serene environments.
Traveling to the beautiful island of Cozumel can be fully enjoyed for much less than you might think. Here are a few tips for getting a great deal on your Cozumel vacation:
1. Travel when rates are lowest. Prices will be cheaper in the off-season for everything from airfare to lodging. For Cozumel, the highest prices are between December and March, and in particular the week of Christmas and the week of New Year’s Day. Rates during those holiday weeks are sometimes more than twice as much as the low season rates. You’ll find the lowest rates from April to mid December, so try to plan your vacation accordingly.
2. Consider an all-inclusive cruise package. Cruise ships stop at Cozumel three times a week giving you the opportunity to combine a cruise vacation with a trip to Cozumel. You can handle all the reservations online, even employing the aid of a travel agent, who can be helpful in pointing you toward the best deals for your money.
3. Check for Cozumel resorts offering a package deal. Resort packages are growing in popularity because tourists like the idea of paying a flat rate for their room, food, drinks, and some deals will include local events or entertainment or even airfare. Some areas, such as nearby Cancun, keep the tourists coming consistently through the off-season by offering all-inclusive packages.
4. Explore on your own, rather than booking tours or excursions. Cozumel is a small island, roughly 30 miles long, 10 miles wide and flat, so it’s easy to get around, either on foot, by cab, or by renting a car or scooter. You can rent a scooter for about $25 for the whole day or get a VW convertible, which is perfect for island exploring, for about $45.
5. Get off the beaten path for eating and shopping. Do some homework before you get there. The internet will provide you with reviews from people who have already been there, as well as forums and other venues where you can ask questions and get suggestions for great food at the best prices.
6. Take full advantage of the free attractions. Cozumel is known worldwide for great diving and beautiful beaches. Paradise Beach is about 10 kilometers from San Miguel and offers free use of beach umbrellas and chairs, snorkel equipment and kayaks.
7. Shop around for lodging. Many places in Cozumel run less than $100 per night and with a little searching you can find accommodations for even less as rates tend to vary greatly between hotels. Most of the prices you’ll find in Cozumel are quite reasonable compared to U.S. costs.
We have many More Atlantis, Paradise Island Information, Travel Review and Attractions Articles Now Available.