Losing and maintaining weight and keeping fit is a lifetime goal that requires dedication and patience to achieve and maintain. Although the key to accomplishing this goal is relatively simple; i.e., proper exercise and a well balanced diet, as you know, “simple” does not necessarily mean “easy”. Moreover, your real challenge lies in your ability to maintain your newly gained and hard-won fit physique. This is most easily accomplished with increased toning of your muscles, while of course, staying lean.
Fortunately, with the advent of the Trikke cambering vehicle, gaining and maintaining a healthy form has never been easier or more exciting. If you love getting out and enjoying the outdoors, and you’ve not experienced the Trikke scooter yet, you’re in for a treat!
As a human powered vehicle, your Trikke HPV requires your continuous body movement in order to launch it and keep it going. The Trikke is actually easier to learn than mastering a bicycle, which is a really good thing for some of us out-of-shape over 20-somethings 🙂
After your initial lesson to get comfortable on your new Trikke, you can start an outdoor adventure program that serves also as a weight loss and fitness regimen by following these five easy steps:
1. Propel your Trikke scooter and start your workout. Alternatively push and pull the handlebars to generate a slow forward movement. To maintain the momentum, you will continuously lean and push the handlebars towards the right, then left. For beginners, propelling the Trikke may take time and practice. Regardless of whether you can propel your Trikke scooter on your first try or after several attempts, the continuous arm thrusts required to move your Trikke forward gives your arm and shoulder muscles a great workout. But the benefits are not limited to just your arms and shoulders…read on, my friend!
2. Start cruising on your Trikke scooter and tone your core muscles. You need to twist your upper body in a series of “S” turns while slightly leaning your weight into the inside of the turn to start cruising. This will cause a continuous and rhythmic contraction of your core muscles, namely your abs, back and hip muscles. Over time, with regular Trikke training, these muscles will appear well-defined and toned.
3. Accelerate your Trikke, burning fat to lose weight. You will learn to regulate your speed while cruising along on your Trikke by using different groups of muscles.
To achieve maximum speed, you have to start moving your upper and lower body synchronously by applying a little weight or kick on your right foot when turning left and vice versa upon reaching what many Trikke riders term as the “sweet spot.”
In order to gain speed, more muscles need to contract, hence more energy will be needed causing fats to be burned to supply the needed energy. In fact, studies have estimated that riding the Trikke at a speed of 15 km/hr will burn approximately 500 Kcal per hour. Cruising at a faster rate of 17.5 km/hr will burn up to 700 kcal per hour. And upon reaching the maximum speed, you will end up burning more than 1000 kcal per hour.
This is an effective, not to mention fun way for you to achieve weight loss while enjoying the exhilaration of speeding your Trikke around your neighborhood or taking your Trikke on vacation to better see the local sites.
4. Just like anything, the more you ride your Trikke, the better you will get at it. As they say “Practice Trikke-ing makes perfect Trikke-ing.” (Just kidding, :-0 “they” don’t really say that.) As you continue Trikke-ing, you will learn to tone specific parts of your body. As you become proficient on your Trikke, you will learn to control the degree of your body movement while cruising along. If you want to work specific muscle groups, you can always increase or decrease the twisting of your body while speeding along on your Trikke.
Furthermore, changing the height of the handlebars on your Trikke will also help work different muscle groups. Raising the Trikke handlebars will result in greater lower body workouts. The higher you raise your handlebar, the easier it is to perform the right and left rocking motion on the front wheel. This will make your lower body work more in the push off.
On the other hand, the lower the handlebars on your Trikke are positioned, the more you have to bend and thrust your arms into the handlebars. This will give your upper body more of a workout.
5. Trikke uphill and enhance your cardiopulmonary workout. One of the hardest things to accomplish in Trikke-ing is propelling your Trikke scooter up a steep incline. Only advanced riders can master this because of its level of difficulty. Riding against gravity will require more power, and the higher the hill you need to climb, the more difficult your progress will become. Since muscle contraction through coordinated body movements is the driving force behind the forward motion of your Trikke scooter, more power translates to more muscles contracting. This in turn requires more blood flow to the working muscles, faster heart contraction to propel the blood and faster respiration to obtain oxygen for the working muscles – a true cardiopulmonary workout all the way around.
Beginning your Trikke training program will enhance your muscle strength and endurance, strengthen your heart and respiratory muscles, improve your circulation, help reduce your weight and give you a fit body, and improve your overall well-being. All while having great fun!
We have many more Weight Loss help Articles Now Available.