Peter Fonda, Steve McQueen and James Dean all became the pinnacle of cool on this iconic mode of transportation – the motorcycle. While increasing your cool factor may not be the main objective of buying a motorcycle, you can still receive a wealth of benefits by owning one. In addition to the financial benefits motorcycling offers, you can also enjoy an exciting new way to travel and more. If you are thinking about making the switch to motorcycling, consider the following benefits.
The Top Six Reasons You Should Buy a Motorcycle
1. Higher fuel efficiency – With summertime gas prices often topping $3 per gallon, switching to a more fuel-efficient mode of transportation is a compelling reason for many. Midsize motorcycles average 35 to 50 miles per gallon for city driving, and many reach over 60 mpg on the highway.
2. Lower purchase price – According to the National Automobile Dealers Association, the average purchase price of a new car in 2008 was $28,400. Compare that with the cost of a new motorcycle, which The New York Times reports is just over $12,300, and you have a considerable amount of savings from the initial purchase price of your new ride.
3. Increased mental awareness – A study published by Tohoku University in Japan shows that cognitive functioning improved for men between the ages of 40 to 50 after riding a motorcycle on a daily basis for two months. The study compared results with a control group consisting of men in the same age range who did not ride motorcycles. Riders in the test group also reported feeling generally happier and making fewer mistakes at work. Researchers attribute these results to the fact that riding a motorcycle requires a high level of awareness, and therefore stimulates the brain to remain alert.
4. Leisure travel – The purpose of a vacation is to escape, and what better way to do so than through the freedom that motorcycling offers? You can experience amazing scenery, such as the Rocky Mountains or the California coast, without the confines of a car. Even better, you can easily cruise back roads and fill up the gas tank without breaking the bank. When you travel by motorcycle, the only schedule you have to follow is your own.
5. Environmental friendliness – Help save the environment and reduce your carbon footprint by riding on two wheels. Motorcycles produce less carbon gas emissions than cars or SUVs and use fewer natural resources, such as oil, too.
6. Parking ease – Motorcycles can be easier to maneuver than you might think, especially in tight spaces. If you’re motorcycling, you can zip in, zip out and reduce your parking frustrations considerably.
Now you have all the reasons you need to justify buying a new motorcycle, the only thing you may be missing is the money to pay for it. Apply for a motorcycle loan from a company like Nationwide Bank for affordable and easy-to-mange payments. Also, be sure to protect your new investment with a comprehensive motorcycle insurance policy that keeps you and your new ride covered.
We have many more Auto Insurance Help Articles Now Available.