There is so much to do in Honolulu that you may be overwhelmed by all of your options. This article outlines the top five tourist destinations so you can make the most out of your dream vacation.
1) Diamond Head: This is the most famous volcanic crater in the world, and has breathtaking views. You will have to hike for approximately one hour; the trail is rated easy to moderate, but it can be steep in some spots. Keep in mind that there is little shade along the way, so you may want to schedule the hike for early morning and bring water with you. The site also has an observation deck and tunnel, so remember your flashlight as well. We have many More Honolulu, Hawaii Vacation Information, Travel Review and Attractions Articles Now Available.
2) Pearl Harbor: There are several tours available, with tour guides providing live historical narrations of that fateful day in history that will never be forgotten.
3) Paradise Cove Luau: You cannot go to Hawaii and miss out on the luau experience. While there are several places you can go to see a luau, Paradise Cove is one of the best. It is more than just a luau; it is a cultural experience with dinner, shows, arts and crafts and more.
4) Iolani Palace: A national historic landmark, Iolani palace has been restored to its former grandeur and offers a spectacular tour of the official residence of former Hawaiian royalty, King Kala kaua and his successor Queen Lili’uokalani. The grounds are just as impressive as the palace itself.
5) Manoa Falls: If you are a more experienced hiker, you will want to plan a trip to Manoa Falls. The hike is rated easy, but goes through rainforest, and a bamboo forest. You will be rewarded with an incredible view of the falls, which is a vertical drop of 150 feet into a small pool of water. Remember to bring drinking water on this hike, and note that you cannot swim, as the bottom of the pool is filled with boulders.
These are just a few of the breathtaking sites that Honolulu has to offer; ask your travel agent if any of these trips can be included as part of your travel package. If you are like most people, this is a trip of a lifetime, so you will want to book at least one or two of these tourist attractions. Honolulu is rich in history and culture and you will be hard-pressed to find friendlier people. We have many More Honolulu, Hawaii Vacation Information, Travel Review and Attractions Articles Now Available.