Spain is the second most visited country in Europe and is made up of 17 regions which include the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands.
The population of Spain is around forty seven million residents and its capital Madrid hosts around three million three hundred thousand of the forty seven million total, six million if you include the metropolitan areas surrounding the capital. We have many More Spain Vacation Information, Travel Review and Attractions Articles Now Available.
Despite this and being the capital of Spain, Madrid is not the most visited city. That coveted title goes to Barcelona which is located in the north east region of Spain and marks the start of the Costa Brava, a section of coastline that reaches up from Barcelona to the French border over the Pyrenees mountain range.
Below is a list of the ‘Top Ten Tourist Destinations for Spain: –
- Barcelona, located on the east coast in the north of Spain
- Madrid, the capital of Spain and a beautiful city. But located right in the centre of Spain and away from the sandy beaches which are a big lure for the sun seeking fraternity that like to visit Spain
- Seville, located in Andalusia just to the north of the famous port of Cadiz. This is one of the sunniest and highly valued regions of Spain both for holiday makers and expats
- Costa Del Sol, sits on the south coast of Spain and is centered around Malaga, very popular with the sun lovers and beach dwellers
- Costa Blanca, which resides on the east coast of Spain and is serviced by Alicante airport.
- Barcelona beaches, the beaches that sit near to the favorite city of Barcelona a perfect location for holiday destinations in Spain where you want to mix a little bit of sun worshiping with a cultural experience only a city can offer.
- Costa Brava, previously mentioned, resides in the north east and connects with France, the most popular destination in Europe and literally translated Costa Brava means rugged coast. So it is a little more scenic than some of its cousins.
- Costa Verde sits on the western coast of Spain near the north and as its name suggests is a little more temperate than the other coastal regions. Consequently it will provide an alternative holiday in Spain than the typical arrangement.
- The Balearic Islands are primarily recognised as Majorca, Minorca and Ibiza and sit in the Mediterranean just off the Catalan coast line.
- The Canary Islands are also a part of Spain and are as such considered to be Spanish holiday options; the best known probably being Tenerife.
Spain is a beautiful country best known for its miles of hot sunny beaches, but as you have probably appreciated it’s cities are some of the most visited locations in Europe and offer an alternative world of European culture, cuisine, art and architecture. We have many More Spain Vacation Information, Travel Review and Attractions Articles Now Available.