Sydney, Australia is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and citizens of Sydney have voted it to the Top 10 best places to live for several years now. The city is carefully planned and has some spectacular man made structures and even better natural wonders.
Sydney is also well connected by several modes of transport like train (City Rail),bus, taxi, tram (with in city, very few in number), monorail and extensive ferry system. The city also boasts one of the most vibrant and variant night life around the world. The darling harbor area is not only a beautiful sight at night but will also a pleasurable experience for all palate types (you have Italian, Indian, Chinese, Continental, Mongolian and other restaurants). Sydney is also lined up with several pubs and some of the oldest bars and pubs in the world.
Apart from having the regular attractions like the zoo, aquarium, botanical gardens, museums Sydney also boasts the well know Opera House, Harbor Bridge and the AMP Tower. The city by itself has several attractions and will consume close to 3-5 days of your time. We have many More Sydney Vacation Information, Travel Review and Tourist Attractions Articles Now Available.
Apart from the City attractions you might want to see some places around Sydney. Here is a short list of Top 10 places to visit around Sydney, they are in no order all 10 are equally beautiful and a must visit.
1. Akuna Bay – A very beautiful secluded bay. You can hire a house boat and float around for days around the bay or head into the pacific. If you are sea sick there are camping grounds close to the bay where you might want to stay.
2. Batemans Bay – Are you a fishing nut? This is the best place in Australia for a fishing holiday. There are plenty of things for your family to do, so you can send them there while you have your me time fishing.
3. Bondi to Cogee Walk – This is just a walking trail very close to the Sydney city. It is not just another trail walk, it will be one of the best walks of your life! The entire trails goes through coast and cliff. It is a local favorite.
4. Jenolan Caves – A vast cave system with some beautiful natural calcite and stalagmite formation that has been well presented. It is the oldest discovered cave system in the world.
5. Kangaroo Valley – Australia’s most beautiful valley with some thing to do for every one. Has great camping sites by the river. It has wild life aplenty and some of the best wineries.
6. Nelson Bay – This is a beach north of Sydney, that offers some of the best adventure sports.
7. Snowy Mountain – If you are considering a skiing holiday this is the place to be. But take note of the winter season in Australia (July-September).
8. Tumut – Another gem that is very much a secret. The best place to stay in Tumut are in wood cabins by the Tumut River. They are also close to the Snowy Mountain range and offer cheaper accommodation options.
9. White sand beaches around Sydney – This is a coastal belt south of Sydney called Shoal Haven region. These beaches have some of the whitest sand in the world and they are some of the most beautiful beaches. There are several beaches in this area all unique in its own way (7 mile beach, Cave beach, Jervis Bay, Pebbly Beach, Hyams Beach, etc…).
10. Wollongong, Illawarra Coast – This is more like the little sister of Sydney that is equally beautiful and has so many places to see around it.
I hope I have convinced you to visit Sydney by now. Trust me you will not regret going here. We have many More Australia Vacation Information, Travel Review and Tourist Attractions Articles Now Available.