Looking for a gym? Whether it is Muay Thai, kickboxing, or cardio classes here are some tips on picking a gym.
– You need to know what your budget is. How much can you spend on a gym membership or classes. Some gyms charge around $20.00 a month and others charge upwards of over $150.00 a month. Keep in mind the times of the classes and when you will be working out.
– Decide what you are looking for. Are you after a cardio workout? Muay Thai and technique? You have to know what you are looking for.
– Do your research. Visit all the gyms online. Check them out. Read any reviews about the gym. Go see the gym. There were times I thought a gym looked cool online but as soon as I physically saw it I knew I wasn’t going there. You can learn a lot by actually going to a gym. Are there showers? Is there parking? Do they have lockers? Ask lots of questions.
– Take advantage of the free or first workout. Some gyms offer a free workout or charge a small fee for a trial workout. Do It! There is no better way to really get a feel for a gym and instructors than by taking a trial class. However, be prepared for the sales pitch after the class. But don’t be scared. This is one of the best ways to try out a gym before you commit.
– When it is time to commit be prepared to stick within your budget. Most gyms give discounted membership dues for a longer contract. Make sure and find out what the costs are if you did have to cancel early. Things happen in life. Be prepared.
– If after all your search you may find that nothing interested you. You can get an awesome workout in the privacy of your own home. You can incorporate kickboxing, Muay Thai, and heavy bag routines for a great in home workout. There are some great DVD’s and equipment to help you out.
Maybe you just want to break up the regular old routine with a Muay Thai/kickboxing workout once or twice a week. There are some great gyms out there. Decide what you want and do your research. You will enjoy the benefits and reap the rewards of your efforts.
We have many more Exercise and Fitness Routine Articles Now Available.