There have been some great workouts released on DVD. I tried or completed a number of them. Some of the workouts I did not complete because they were not right for me. It worked out great for other people, but it was not a good fit for what I like. We are not going to talk about those. I would like to share with you my top 5 favorite workout videos and tell you a little about each one.
5. The 10 Minute Trainer – The reason I like the 10 Minute Trainer so much is because it is quick and effective. Now this is not something I do every day, because I like to work out more than 10 minutes, but this is the workout I do when I am extremely busy and do not have time to work out for an hour. This is also the workout I take on vacations and business trips. It is fast and effective and keeps me going when my schedule does not let me get in my full workout.
4. Tae Bo – Tae Bo is a little older now, but back in the day this video rocked. To tell you the truth this is the video that got me really interested in home workouts. I was pretty young at the time, but I loved the idea of kicking and punching to get in shape. It also help with coordination and balance. Tae Bo will forever go down as one of the greatest home workout DVDs. It will at least go down as one with a huge following and super popularity. If you have never tried Tae Bo its worth shot. It is a lot of fun.
3. The 300 Workout – I am going to cheat a little bit on this one. The workout video that is promoted as the 300 Workout is not the exact same they used to train the cast. Although the workout DVD is effective and pretty good, I did a little more research to find out the reps and techniques used. I really enjoyed those workouts. They were very difficult and effective.
2. ChaLean Extreme – This exercise is the newest one I have tried. It just came out at the end of 2008. This program is really cool. I thought it would be more focused for ladies, but it was super effective for me. One of the days made me nearly throw up. The key to making this program successful is having enough weight to make it extremely effective for you. The exercise bands are not as effective in this workout as they are in others, but the use of dumbbells is excellent. You just need to make sure your dumbbells weight enough for the exercises to be effective. Sets of 15 pounds, 25 pounds, 35 pounds and 45 pounds was enough for me.
1. P90X – My number one program is the P90X. This program is extremely effective and has worked the best for me of any of the videos I have tried. The workouts are difficult on your muscles but pretty easy techniques. It is a 90 day workout with an average of one hour a day. You are going to use exercise bands and / or dumbbells. This is another program that is extremely popular and used by many people. If you are in really bad shape then the P90X might be a little difficult for you to do. I would suggest trying something a little less intense first; get yourself in a little better shape, then give the P90X a try.
I think home workout DVDs are the way to go. If you want to get into good shape give one a try.
We have many more Abs Workout Routine Articles Now Available.