Testosterone is a male hormone. Besides promoting libido, it has other important functions such as maintaining muscle mass and forming bone, and regulating heart muscle and cholesterol. It also helps to improve the oxygen levels throughout the body as well as controlling blood glucose and strengthening the immune system. Starting at age 40 levels of testosterone start to diminish, the levels of the by-product prolactin of testosterone of men increases, stimulating the production of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase that causes the conversion of testosterone to gihydro-testosterones DHT thus triggering low levels of testosterone.
Prostate gland is a gland that makes and stores semen. It is located below the bladder and surrounds the tube that carries urine out of your body. starting at age 40,the levels of the by-product prolactin of testosterone of men increases, stimulating the production of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase that causes the conversion of testosterone to gihydro-testosterones DHT triggering prostate enlargement and other problems. Therefore in order to prevent the symptoms of enlarged prostate is to naturally impend the conversion of testosterone to DHT. Unfortunately, aging is not the only cause of enlarged prostate.
II. Causes of enlarged prostate and prostate cancer because of testosterone deficiency
By the age of 40, the levels of testosterone of men start to decrease resulting in the by-product prolactin of testosterone of men to increase, stimulating the production of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase that causes the conversion of testosterone to gihydro-testosterones DHT triggering prostate enlargement and prostate cancer. Excess estrogen seems to be the culprit in prostate enlargement that leads to the pathology and favors the development of prostate cancer.
III. Symptoms of enlarged prostate and prostate cancer because of testosterone deficiency
1. Frequent or difficult urination
3. Urinary urgency
4. Discomfort/pain in the penis
5. Low back pain
6. Reduced urinary stream
7. Hesitancy before or during urination
8. Reducing sexual desire
9. Anxiety about having sex
10. Need to urinate often especially at night
11. Blood in urine
12. Burning during urine
13. Painful ejaculation
III. Prevention and Treatment
In this case, since the problem of prostate gland is caused by testosterone deficiency it is the urgent need to increase the levels of testosterone and provide nutrition for the prostate.A) Natural remedies for preventing and treating testosterone deficiency
1. Dark green leafDark green leaf juice contains high amounts of vitamins C and E. Besides helping to reduce levels of cholesterol, high blood pressure and regulate blood glucose resulting in improved blood circulation to vital organs in our body. It also helps to fight the forming of free radicals and rejuvenates our cell and cleans up the clogged up receptor sites that helps to raise levels of testosterone.
2.Goat MeatGoat meat contains high amounts of protein, iron, magnesium, and zinc. Iron specifically offers the added benefit of raising levels of oxygen in the blood that is essential for providing nutrition to cell needs. High protein and zinc are two nutrients that help to optimize free testosterone levels and muscle-building.
3. Cold water fishBesides plenty of omega 3, cold water fish is an excellent source of vitamin A and zinc that help the binding of sex hormones, specifically testosterone and estradiol.
4. Muira PaumaMuira pauma are stems and roots of a ptychopetalum plant in South America. It has been used as an aphrodisiac, tonic and cure for muscle paralysis and strengthening the liver function that helps to cure the hormone imbalance in aging men. Study shows that muira pauma is a libido enhancer.
5. Milk thistle Milk thistle helps restore the liver function that helps to eliminate the surplus of estrogen and sex hormone binding globulin that allow the increasing of levels of free testosterone.
6. Maca Maca is a vegetable root or tuber that grows in the high Andean plateaus of Peru at high altitudes. It helps our body to nourish the pituitary gland that helps to increase the production of our own human hormones such as testosterone.
7. GinsengGinseng in Chinese medicine is used as a pituitary strengthening herb. It also contains herbs that benefits the endocrine system in resulting of tonifying the entire endocrine system and helping the release of human growth hormone (HGH).
8. Horny Goat Weedorny goat weed contains a variety of flavonoids such as icariin that helps to relax the blood vessels leading to the penis, which allows them to expand resulting in a stronger and harder erection. It also helps to treat low levels of testosterone and increase sexual desire at the same time
DHEA allows our body to create other hormones such as testosterone. Study shows that DHEA is a precursor to sex hormones, the deficiency of DHEA causes the deficiency of other sex hormones resulting in a loss of bone density, increasing of body mass, hardening of blood vessels, and low sex drive.
10. ChorellaChlorella containing beta carotene and chlorophyll is a powerful antioxidant that helps to strengthen the immune system by blocking the formation of free radicals, improving oxygen levels for cell needs and nitric oxygen stimulating the enlargement of the penis through sexual desire.
11. Zinc and ironDeficiency of zinc and iron causes the depletion of oxygen level and poor circulation of the bloodstream as undirectly resulting in erectile dysfunction. Since zinc also promotes healthy prostate glands that increases the release of prostate fluids that helps to stimulate the sexual desire by increasing the production of levels of free testosterone.
B) Natural remedies for preventing and treating prostate cancer and enlarged prostate.
1. Soy bean and legumeSoybeans and legumes contains isoflavones and is a unique source of phytochemicals It directly inhibits the growth of different types of cancer cells and protects the prostate from being enlarged. Study shows that isoflavones were found to markedly inhibit prostate tumors in mice implanted with prostate cancer cells. Try adding soy or rice milk to your morning cereal or oatmeal.
2. PapayaPapayas are rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin A, carotenoids and flavonoids that have cardio protective and anti-cancer effects. Eating papayas help to promote lung health and prevents the prostate from becoming enlarged and prevents prostate cancer.
3. Green tea
Green tea contains the antioxidant phytochemicals called polyphenols that attack growth factors and proteins, interrupting processes that increase the size of tumors, thus preventing them from spreading to other parts of the body. Green tea also help to prevent the development of benign prostate hyperplasia such as enlarged prostate and prostate cancer.
4. Bee pollen
Bee pollen is an antioxidant containing high amounts of flavonoids, zinc and many other elements needed by our bodies. It has an astounding record at reversing prostate cancer and other prostate problems such as enlarged prostate.
5. GlycineGlycine is also found in fairly large amounts in the prostate fluid and may for this reason be important in prostate health. It is required to build proteins in the body and synthesis of nucleic acids, the construction of RNA as well as DNA, bile acids and other amino acids in the body. Study shows that glycine, taken withalanine and glutamic acid help to reduced the amount of swelling in the prostate tissue.
6. Saw palmettoSaw palmetto is the number one choice when it comes to prostate health. Recent study of American Society for cell biology shows that saw palmetto inhibited prostate cancer cell growth in the test tube. It has been used for a long time as an herb to treat an enlarged prostate gland in men. It may also be used to treat prostate cancer. This herbal remedy has no significant side effects and only rarely causes mild stomach upset or diarrhea.
7. Pumpkin seed extrac
tPumpkin seeds contain high amounts of zinc and fatty acids which is necessary for the prostate’s health. Pumpkin seed extract helps to tone the bladder muscles, relax the sphincter mechanism and recongest the prostate.
8. Uva ursiUva ursi is an evergreen perennial shrub. It has been used since the year 150AD by various civilizations to treat urinary tract infections, kidney problems, Prostate, and bladder dysfunction.
9. Patrinia (Bai jiang cao)Patrinia helps the body get rid of prostate inflammation and damp heat that exists in the body. In Chinese medicine damp heat in the prostate could be caused by bacteria infection, drugs and other conditions such as a habit of eating hot, spicy or greasy foods.
10. He shou wuHe shou wu contains several derivatives of tetrahydroxystilbene. These antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds may act as an estrogen, reducing levels of circulating male hormones such as DHT that fuel the growth of prostate cancer.
11. Astragalus root
Astragalus root is a sprawling perennial legume. The Chinese medicine uses the dried sliced or powdered root of the plant to enhance immune function by increasing the activity of certain white blood cells, which increases the production of antibodies. It also helps to increase the body’s resistance to infections, to heal the allergies, and to raise and renew the vitality.
By combining the use of these natural remedies, it will help to raise the levels of free testosterone and promote a strong prostate gland. I hope this information will help in preventing and treating enlarged prostate and prostate cancer caused by testosterone deficiency. I hope this information will help. If you need more information of the above subject, please visit my home page at: http://medicaladvisorjournals.blogspot.com
We have many more Health Care Articles Now Available.