If you are thinking about starting a dj business then you will need to get the best possible advice and ideas to incorporate into your dj business plan which will then give you a sound footing from which to launch a successful venture. The good news is that difficult to launch a dj company but you will need to follow some good basic business principles and be able to devote your time and attention to making sure that you can beat your local competition and secure some initial contracts which will launch your dj business.
Like most businesses there are people who come up with good ideas and people who can actually put them into practice and this is often the case with people thinking about starting a mobile disco venture or just wanting to DJ in their local club and pub.
In this article we will explain the difference between the idea and the practical aspects which will lead you to success with your business. You can expect to make a serious amount of money from running a good DJ company either by going out yourself and operating a mobile disco or by running a music entertainment agency that specialises in securing music acts and DJ’s and sending them out to clients on a fee basis.
To start you will have to devote your own manpower to running the business and most of the time you will devote to cold calling prospective clients and venues to find out if they require acts for forthcoming events like weddings, birthdays, bank holidays, national holidays and New Year. Don’t be put off by calling or visiting 100 clients and only securing 1 or 2 contracts as an average percentage would be 2-3% success rate. In the short term if you can secure an initial contract with a venue, however small, it will start you off and give you the belief and confidence to both expand your client base and providing you offer a good service then word of mouth will bring you lots more business.
Some top tips for a successful DJ business include:
1) Sit down and plan your business approach and make sure you produce a solid DJ Business Plan
2) Market your DJ company with flyers and DJ business cards which you can get printed locally or from an online source. Flyers and business cards represent a cheap way of getting lots of exposure for your business and should not be overlooked at any cost.
3) Understand your local market – contact other local disco or entertainment agencies to see what they offer and how much they charge.
4) Try to secure a quick initial contract with a venue so you can satisfy yourself that you have now launched the DJ company.
5) Be professional, Courteous and make sure you turn up at booked events at the exact time.
6) Money is very important so try to get advanced deposit bookings and get the money upfront if at all possible.
7) Make sure that your equipment is in working order and you have any necessary electrical equipment test certificates as required.
Most business people will tell you that half of the success of their business is through initial hard work but the remaining 50% comes much easier as word of mouth spreads about your business spreads and you continue build upon a solid, reliable, trustworthy and enviable reputation. OK, so we know that running any business is not a breeze but having said that most people who start a DJ business or entertainment agency actually enjoy the process and with this comes big rewards.
We have many more Credit Repair Articles Now Available.