St Martin must be one of the best island’s in the world. It is definitely tourists’ favorite destination in the Caribbean as it is the island that most people return to. There are many factors that make SXM so appealing: the sun, the beaches, the people and the culture all make it a very special place, but there is so much more. Here are five of the things you must do while you are there and you will see why people just cannot get the island out of their hair!
1. Try skinny dipping! If there is one place in the world where it is alright to take your clothes off, it is in St Martin. There is an official clothing optional beach in front of Club orient on Orient Bay, but there are many other spots where you can let it all hang out. Lots of beaches on the French side are almost deserted, so it is easy to find a secluded spot and get an all over tan.
2. A restaurant in Grand Case. Grand Case is the gourmet capital of the Caribbean with many exceptional world-class restaurants. You cannot go to SXM without dining here at least once. you will also find the Lolos, local barbeque shacks where you will get to try delicious Caribbean food: ribs, grilled chicken, stuffed crab, johnny cakes and more.
3. Loterie Farm. Loterie Farm is what we call the other St Martin, up in the hills, away from the crowds and the hot beaches. You will find an amazing restaurant and lounge, a zip wire course and the possibility to do hikes up to the highest point.
4. Shopping in Philipsburg. Everything is duty-free, so you can get jewelery, cosmetics, clothes, alcohol and more at amazing prices.
5. Pinel. A small island just off St Martin, the ideal paradise beach. It does get crowded but there is something about this place that gets under your skin.
These are just a few of the major things any tourist should do on St Martin, but there is so much more to discover, many hidden gems and surprising discoveries.
We have many More Caribbean Vacation Information, Travel Review and Attractions Articles Now Available.