Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup ingredients:
- 2-3 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of cooking Sherry (optional)
- 4-6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Sea salt to taste
- Low sodium beef soup stock
- Provalone cheese
- Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Toasted frech bread
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup Instructions:
- Melt butter in a large pot
- Mix in onions and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar asnd cook for another 20 minutes to properly carmilize the onions stirring constantly.
- Mix in 2 cloves on minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- De-glaze the pan by adding in the sherry, or, if your not using sherry use 1/2 cup of your beef stock.
- Transfer onions to the slow cooker and mix the soup stock, thyme and sea salt.
- Cook on high; 4 to 6 hours OR cook on low; 8-10 hours.
- When your ready to serve place the soup in over safe bowls, add your bread and top with cheese then add to the oven until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
We have many more Recipes Now Available.