Mainly there are two types of cardio in the world of fitness. Experts always refer to them as steady state and high intensity interval training or HIIT. Steady state cardio is just something light like jogging without any breaks. Interval training is alternating between intense work and light work like jogging for 2 minutes and then sprinting for 1 minute.
If you are out of shape then it will be really hard to do HIIT. Interval training burns more fat and is more fun than jogging for 30 minutes straight. But if you are a beginner start out by doing 15-20 minutes of steady state cardio after a workout. Even if it is just going for a walk. You should also go for a walk on your days off if you feel up to it. We have many more Six Pack Abs Workout Routine Articles Now Available.
After about 2 weeks you can upgrade to HIIT once you are good and ready. Start off each interval workout by warming up for 5 minutes with the form of cardio of your choice. It could be the rowing machine, jogging outside, jump roping, and even hitting a heavy bag. Then work as hard as you can for 30 seconds and then catch your breath by going back to steady state cardio for about a minute and a half. This is one interval. Go for 4-7 for each workout and make sure you do it on your days off. So a solid weekly six pack abs routine would look like this.
Sunday – Off
Monday – Six Pack Abs Workout
Tuesday – Either light cardio like walking for 30 minutes or HIIT if you are ready.
Wednesday – Six Pack Abs Workout (same as Monday)
Thursday – Same as Tuesday
Friday – Same as Monday and Wednesday
Saturday – Six Pack Abs Workout (try switching up your exercises from time to time)
Now about your eating habits. Exercise alone will not get you the results you want. To get six pack abs you need to have a solid six pack abs diet. But just because I am calling it a diet does not mean it will be too strict. Heck you should never even have to deprive your body by going on something like a low carb diet.
Instead you just need to folow a few guidelines.
1) Eat healthy foods in their most natural state. Foods like lean meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, and oil should be consumed regularly. These are the kinds of foods that are essential to burn belly fat and build muscle.
2) Eat 5-6 small meals a day. I understand this might be inconvenient for many people who have busy lives but it is not as hard as you think. Prepare meals ahead of time when you have time to spare like in the morning. You do not have to have meals that need to be cooked like grilled chicken and asparagus. It could be something like a grabbing a banana and mixed nuts before heading out the door for work or school.
3) Eat every 3 hours starting with breakfast. This is a good rule of thumb since everybody wants to have consistency and doing this routine is perfect. By doing this you will keep yourself full so you can resist the urge of binging later in the day. Start off with breakfast upon waking up. Something like an omelet with ham, spinach, tomato, and an orange on the side is a very good choice.
4) Eat healthy fats, carbs, and protein with each meal. Try to get a source of protein with each meal like eggs, lean meats, milk, or nuts. Some great sources of healthy fats are olive oil, beans, and natural peanut butter. With each meal have a serving of fruits or vegetables since they are loaded with carbs without a lot of calories.
5) Avoid starchy carbs. White carbs like white pasta and white bread should be avoided at all costs. But whole grains like whole wheat bread, oatmeal, and brown rice should only be eaten early in the day like for breakfast or right after a workout. This way it does not turn into fat.
6) Relax a little. If you eat clean natural foods for 90% of the time then for the other 10% you can have whatever junk food you want like pancakes or pizza. If you eat 5-6 times a day then you may have 3-4 cheat meals each week. This actually accelerates fat loss and makes your six pack abs diet easier. Spread them out and make sure these meals are no bigger than your usual ones. We have many more Six Pack Abs Workout Routine Articles Now Available.
7) Drink water. Replace any sugary beverage like juice and soda with water or tea. Green tea is a powerful fat burner. Water keeps you hydrated and helps wash away belly fat over time. Aim for 8-12 glasses each day. Or to make it easier drink 2 cups after every meal.
By following these nutritional guidelines while perfomring the six pack abs workout a few times a week you will be well on your way to six pack abs and a leaner, healthier body. Just be consistent and do not give up because it does work well.
If you are serious about getting six pack abs then I highly recommend Mike Geary’s Truth About Abs program. It is loaded with workouts, tips, and tricks to getting six pack abs very fast. To grab your copy head over to the home page by clicking here. You can also get his free ebook, Insider Secrets for a Lean Body.