Self-improvement. We all want to be better and do better but few of us actually take the time to work on ourselves. That is what this September observance is all about – making the time for you. Sometimes making the time available in itself is tough but if you value yourself and your self-improvement you will do it.
Some people schedule time for themselves just like they would schedule an appointment with someone else. Others get up earlier or plan time at the end of the day. Do whatever is easiest for you or it will not work. The most important thing is to be committed to take time for your own personal self-improvement this month. We have many more Self Help Articles Now Available.
The next thing is to figure out what you can do to engage in self-improvement. Here are some ideas:
- Start by writing in a guided journal. A guided journal has started phrases that you respond to and it is designed to help you explore your thoughts and beliefs so you get a better understanding of what makes you “tick”. Try The Discovery Journal available through lulu. The discipline of writing and reflecting will give you great insight and help you decide what you want to do to make improvements.
- Select no more than three areas you want to work on. Three will be more that enough to keep you busy for the month of September. If you want to chose more after that you certainly may do that. Write you choices down and create a goal for each. What do you want to have at the end of the month regarding each of these. Be crystal clear what it will look like and feel like. What will you be doing differently, what will you be saying and thinking?
- Check to be sure that each of your goals is aligned with your values and beliefs. If they are not then adjust them so that they are. If you do not do this you will never achieve your goals happily.
- Create a visual of each of your goals and put them someplace you will see often to remind you that you are on your way to new behavior. Every time you look at your visual say to yourself, “I am glad I am on my way to being…..” That will become your mantra or affirmation for each of your goals and will help to keep you focused and attract the changes that you want.
- Get to work. Set an action plan to accomplish each of your goals and celebrate, celebrate, celebrate when you accomplish them. We have many more Self Help Articles Now Available.