This can create a problem in a woman’s menstrual cycle system and make it difficult in conceiving. The cause of PCOS is still not very well known, genetics however is often claimed to be one of the major reasons.
One out of five women in India suffer from PCOS and are mostly not aware about it. Women suffering from PCOS can often be a an easy target for heart diseases and diabetes. They are more at risk of cancer of the endometrium. This creates a need for awareness about PCOS and its symptoms.
Symptoms of PCOS:
There are varying symptoms of PCOS and all these symptoms may not appear all at once. They are initially mild but the disease can lead to multiple complications. The symptoms of PCOS include:
- Women with PCOS can have sudden burst out of acnes on their face.
- They tend to gain weight suddenly and also face trouble losing weight.
- Due to hormonal disbalance, women get extra and thick hair growth on face and body.
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Women with PCOS have irregular periods. Most women with PCOS have less than nine period in a year.
- Heavy vaginal bleeding is also a common symptom of PCOS.
- Mood swings and depression is also a symptom of PCOS.
- High blood pressure
Treatment for PCOS
Proper treatment for PCOS can be done after you visit a gynaecologist who will examine you thoroughly after diagnosing the problem. However there are some ways you can reduce the long term effects of PCOS.
- Adding regular exercise to your daily routine
- If you are overweight, losing some of it can also help you control your PCOS.
- Eating healthy and nutritious food and avoiding food that have high saturated salt.
- Quit smoking
Regular check ups and visit to your doctor can help identify if you are suffering from PCOS. Birth control pills or hormonal therapy are among the common treatment for PCOS that a doctor suggests to get your menstrual cycle on track. Intake of hormones through medicines only helps in keeping your periods regular which suppresses the visible side effects of PCOS. it does not help in lowering the blood sugar and or blood pressure.
Park hospital gynaecologists give you the right treatment for your problem. They try to eliminate all the side effects and the risks that surround PCOS. for more infomation visit our officail website www.parkhospital.in or you can call us @ 1800-102-6767
We have many more Exercise and Fitness Routine Articles Now Available.