The variety of Gold investments on offer has never been greater – allowing the most conservative investor to make a relatively risk free dabble in the metal, and giving the more risk-prone investor the chance to gear-up by hundreds and sometimes thousands of percentage points as the Gold price rises.
These are some of the mainstream options for investing in Gold
1. Equities – unlike gold bullion which is regarded as a safe haven, unhedged gold shares or funds are regarded as risky and are extremely volatile. Good professional guidance is recommended.
2. Gold Mutual Funds – invest in a wide range of mining stocks enabling the investor to spread their risk.
3. Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) – This is a single stock representing the underlaying an index – in this case a gold index. The stock is backed by holdings of gold bullion (we hope)
4. Geared ETFs – enable the investor to bet on the movement of gold, up or down, and can pay up to double the increase or decrease
5. Perth Mind Certificates – are issued by the Perth Mint and fully backed by the Western Australia state government, one of the safest places to have your precious metal stored. PMCs are a convenient way to buy and hold physical gold (or silver, or platinum) without taking personal delivery, and they give investors a way to store gold or silver offshore. We have many more Gold Investing Help Articles Now Available.
6. Gold Coins and Bullion – The most traditional way of investing in gold has always been purchase of gold bullion bars and coins. Bullion coins are legal tender, produced by government mints and sold at a low premium.
7. Gold futures – futures trading is possibly the cheapest way to buy gold, But only for the more sophisticated high net-worth investor.
Gold is an investment worth considering, and its not too late to profit. You can mix your risk by combining bullion, ETFs, and equities, but to get the best results, expert advice is recommended. For more information do take a look at our Free Gold Report which gives you plenty of valuable background information. Try it out. There’s no charge. By accessing our Gold Report you also access another valuable resource (also free) – our library of articles on precious metals and commodities – This library is continually expanding. You can reference it any time. We have many more Bullion Investing Help Articles Now Available.