For natural home cures, kitchen is the great place to start. Natural cures created at home for the smallest of problems from natural ingredients such fruits, vegetables, herbs are catching loads of attention due to its very nature of cure – no or negligible cost, purity, without side effects, dollops of TLC (tender, loving care), simple and no side effects. Sounds too good to be true?
– Try this for dandruff problem; soak 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds overnight. Grind them into a paste. Apply on hair for an hour and wash it off using gram flour paste.
– For dry, flaky skin on your arms and legs, try this concoction. Mix 6 tsp petroleum jelly, 2 tsp each of glycerin and lemon juice. Apply this moisturizing lotion at least twice a week.
– Peel, grate and squeeze the juice of a cucumber. Mix it with ½ tsp each of glycerin and rose water. Apply this if you are suffering for sun burns.
– A facemask of egg white and honey gently removes the tan from your face.
– Dip cotton wool pads in chilled mixture of cucumber and potato juice. Keep this on your eyelids for 15 to 20 minutes and gently wash it off. A way out for dark circles.
– Melt paraffin wax; mix it with little mustard oil and apply on the affected area. Leave it on overnight. After 10 or 15 days, your cracked heels will become smooth.
– Mix oats with honey, yogurt and ground almonds. Apply this to your face, leave it for five minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
– Try chocolate mask to make your normal to dry skin, skin smooth. Take 1/3 cup cocoa, 3 tsp of heavy cream, 1/3 cup ripe papaya, ¼ cup honey and 3 tsp of oatmeal powder. Mix them together. Smooth on your face. After 10 minutes, wash your face with warm water.
– For oily skin, apply a mixture of grapes (softens your skin), lemon (natural cleanser) and egg white (tightens the skin). Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
– Tone and refresh your skin by rubbing the wedge of a cut lemon all over your face. Leave it for about 20 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
– You can mix 1 tbsp cranberry sauce juice with 2 tbsp of Vaseline for a delicious home made lip balm.
– Mix honey, lemon and vegetable oil for a great home made moisturiser for your dry skin. Apply this concoction for 10 minutes.
– For a glowing skin, heat 4 tbsp of almond oil, 2 tbsp each of lanolin, petroleum jelly and extra virgin olive oil. Blend all these ingredients and massage into your skin.
– Mix a slice of pumpkin with egg yolk and milk. Let this mask set on your face for 30 minutes for a glowing skin.
– Massage your body with a mixture of coconut oil and some of your favourite scented oils like lavender or rosemary. Your skin, besides smelling heavenly, will acquire a silky and supple quality.
– Mix ½ cup honey to your bath water for soft and smooth skin.
– Paste of mint leaves and almonds, mixed with warm water and applied all over body till it dries and rinsed off with warm water makes a soothing body pack.
– Buttermilk dabbed on skin for 15 minutes will soak up oil from your skin without drying it.
– Carrot juice applied daily helps blemishes fade.
– For dark underarms and neck – apply lemon juice mixed with cucumber juice and a pinch of turmeric daily. Leave this on for 20 minutes.
– A mix of crushed mint leaves and oats applied for 20 minutes and washed off with warm water will reduce pimples.
– Hair on face – apply a sticky paste of egg white blended with sugar and corn flour. When it dries, gently peel it off. Repeat this three to four times a week.
– Thin apple slices rubbed onto oily skin will help in controlling the oily shine.
– For supple skin, apply a ripe mashed banana on your face for 20 minutes daily.
– Try this natural bleach to lighten the tan. Mix orange peels (sun dried and powdered) with milk. Apply this paste for 25 minutes and rinse off.
The reader of this article should exercise all precautions while following instructions on the recipes from this article. Avoid using if you are allergic to something. The responsibility lies with the reader and not the site and the writer.
We have many more Anti Aging Help Articles Now Available.