Mauna Kea Beach Hotel Is Located In Kamuela, Hawaii.
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel offers the perfect location on the sunny Kohala Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Situated on a beautiful crescent beach, the luxury resort offers guests the ideal setting for a relaxing getaway in paradise.
Take a look at the “new” Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, a luxury Hawaiian resort in a class by itself. You’ll marvel at the way John Hara Associates Inc. of Honolulu artfully melded three guestrooms into two in the main building, and created spacious new floorplans with vast, glamorous baths-where you can soak up the sunny ocean view or golf vista, right from the tub! All of our luxury hotel rooms have beautiful new interiors by Barry Design Associates Inc. of Los Angeles with large flat screen TVs, media hubs, bedside iPod dock with clock radios, updated bedding, luxury L’Occitane amenities, elegant furnishings, solid doors and a few surprising touches you will love.
- 258 luxury guestrooms and suites, some enhanced with serene golf or ocean-view baths
- Natural white sand Kauna‘oa Beach, one of Hawaii’s best ranked beaches by top travel authorities
- Enhanced beach and pool services, new padded chaise lounges, beach umbrellas, cabanas, thick orange beach towels, new beach activities and equipment
- Newly renovated 18-hole championship Mauna Kea Golf Course
- New golf clubhouse and restaurant “Number 3” created by John Hara Associates and Pro Shop by Procraft Heritage Creations
- Manta & Pavilion Wine Bar, with dramatic exhibition kitchen and extensive wine program, including the innovative Enomatic wine experience
- Weekly Luau, traditional Sunday Brunch and Clambake on the beach
- Hau Tree~Beachside at Kauna‘oa for casual lunch, snacks, sweets and cocktails
- The Copper Terrace for sunset ceremony, music and cozy firepits for conversation, cocktails and pupus
- 11-court Seaside Tennis Club
- New 2,500 square-foot fitness center with 43 Life Fitness exercise machines
- The Mauna Kea Salon for beautiful hair and nails
- New boutique shopping enclave along the meandering koi ponds
- Hawaiian culture shared through lei-making, hula, crafting classes, music, luau and more
- Indoor and outdoor group function spaces and meeting rooms, as well as picture-perfect wedding sites for a Big Island wedding
- Museum-quality Pacific and Asian art collection, over 1,600 pieces gathered by Mr. Rockefeller and Davis Allen for The Mauna Kea in 1965
- Complimentary inter-resort shuttle service to Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
- Soul-soothing therapies and beatific body treatments at the transcendent new Mauna Kea Spa by Mandara
Along the stunning ocean coastline north of Kauna‘oa is the 11-court Seaside Tennis Club, one of the largest and most sought-after tennis experiences in Hawaii.
Guests of the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel can take advantage of the golf course’s superior amenities including world-class practice facilities that feature a driving range, and putting green. Brush up on your technique with a private lesson or group clinic at the golf resort, and elevate your game while enjoying epic views of the Kohala Coast’s rolling waves.
History says the mesmerizing natural crescent beach of Kauna‘oa, with its soft white sand and easy access to the ocean, was an ideal spot for ali’i “vacationers” to store canoes, relax and play in the surf. Today, as in centuries past, Kauna‘oa embraces sun-worshippers and swimmers, sandcastle-builders, surfers, sailors, and those who prefer their strolling hand-in-hand under moonlight. Coupled with H?puna Beach to the south, these picture-perfect Hawaii beaches are often rated among the best in the country by The Travel Channel, “Dr. Beach,” Condé Nast Traveler and many others.
Whether you want to wiggle your toes in the sand or make a big splash, there’s a world of water activities waiting for you during your Hawaii family vacation:
- Scuba diving
- Boogie boarding
- Deep-sea fishing
- Seasonal whale-watch
- Canoe rides
- Stand-up paddle boards
The Mauna Kea Spa by Mandara
Transcend. Transform. Trust the Moment.
The Mauna Kea Spa by Mandara offers a combination of Balinese and Hawaiian-inspired therapies. Choose from a variety of massage, body treatments, aromatherapy and skincare services featuring our signature Elemis product line. Our full service facility offers five luxurious treatment rooms including a couples suite with balneotherapy.
- Worlds Top 10 Spas, Mauna Kea Spa by Mandara – Shape Magazine, August 2009
Tennis Resorts USA
We have many More Atlantis, Paradise Island Information, Travel Review and Attractions Articles Now Available.