“Indian saffron” turmeric is a peppery, bitter, and mildly fragrance spice that comes from the root of the Curcuma longa herb. It has a tough brown skin with orange flesh, and is best known as one of the ingredients in mustard and curry. Curcumin however, is a pharmacological agent with strong potent effects and antioxidants present in turmeric. Thus, as a medicinal alternative it is often called turmeric curcumin.
Apart from being a “golden spice” and adding flavours to dishes, turmeric is also considered as one of the world’s beneficial foods because of its many uses and health benefits. In fact, it has long been used as an anti-inflammatory agent to treat conditions like bruises, menstrual difficulties, flatulence, bloody urine, hemorrhage, toothache, chest pain, colic, jaundice as well as in the Chinese and Indian ayuverdic medicine.
In several quality studies, the effectiveness of curcumin’s anti-inflammatory properties is comparable to otc anti-inflammatory medicines, phenylbutazone and hydrocortisone. It’s even better since unlike the synthetic medications which have significant toxic effects in the body after permanent use, turmeric curcumin capsules and herbs are safer since it is natural.
Amazing health benefits
- Supports arthritis. Clinical studies show that turmeric’s blend of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects is important in diseases like arthritis as it neutralize free redicals that damage healthy cells and causes painful joint inflammation. As a result, joint swelling and early morning stiffness is decreased not to mention that walking time is imporoved.
- Helps lower cholesterol. Turmeric pills’ potential effect in reducing cholesterol is shown in scientific studies wherein curcumin raise the production of certain proteins to decrease bad cholesterol from the body.
- Promotes cardiovascular protection. Oxidized cholesterol damages blood vessels and decrease plaque buildup that can lead to heart stroke or heart attack. Curcumin’s powerful antioxidant properties prevent the oxidation of cholesterol in the body, thus, maintaining healthy blood vessel walls.
- Support healthy liver functions. A recent research suggests that turmeric may help increase liver detoxing because of its powerful antioxidant properties.
- Beneficial for cystic fibrosis sufferers. Found in a study published in April 2004, researchers found that turmeric curcumin capsules or powder can inhibit the discharge of calcium and help stop the chloride-driven build up of mucus.
- Improved brain functions. Curcumin may help increase levels of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) which can improve memory, as well as delay age-related decrease in brain functions or brain diseases.
- Raises antioxidant capacity. Turmeric curcumin is a very potent antioxidant that blocks oxidative damage from free radicals, thus, stopping many diseases and premature aging.
- A safe anti-inflammatory remedy. Numerous studies already show the potent anti-inflammation properties of turmeric which is even more effective and safe than man made pain or anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Decrease the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease. Oxidative damage and inflammation are one of the damaging factors in Alzheimer’s disease, and since curcumin will be able to cross the blood-brain barrier, it can have benefits on both. Studies show that turmeric curcumin can slow down or help reverse the development of the disease as it helps clear the build up of protein tangles called Amyloid plaques.
We have many more Health Care Articles Now Available.