We’ve all experienced the stress and anxiety that inevitably creeps us on us as a potential job interview approaches. Making sure that you’re thoroughly prepared before the interview can help relieve tension and increase your odds of acing your interview (and potentially scoring your dream job). Here are a few rules of thumb to consider before the big meeting.
1. It’s always a good idea to research the company you’re applying to work for beforehand. Familiarize yourself with its history, core values, customers and competition. This will give you an edge in being able to identify and appreciate the company’s needs, and can also help you to avoid any awkward moments should the interviewer ask you any specific questions.
2. Aside from showing up mentally prepared, you also need to prepare physically for the interview. Dress appropriate for the job that you’re seeking – make sure your clothes are clean, wrinkle-free and that you feel confident wearing them. Also, bring a folder with extra resumes, a copy of your references and paper to take notes with during the interview.
3. On the day of the interview, leave yourself plenty of time. You don’t want to be late because you were trying to find the building, or interview room.
4. Once you successfully arrive to your interview, be prepared to be attentive and diligent. Show enthusiasm, speak confidently and be sure to listen intently. Answer questions with specific examples, and be sure to clarify any answers you may have found vague. Be sure to ask questions of your own – this shows the interviewer that you’re truly interested in the company and the position.
5. After the interview has taken place, be sure to follow up through email or telephone. This gives you the opportunity to remind the interviewer of who you are, and the valuable qualities that you could bring to their company. It also shows your interest in the position.
If you’re looking for a job in GTA, consider enlisting the help of ABL Employment. Whether you’re searching for industrial jobs in Hamilton, forklift driver or general labour jobs in Halton or packaging jobs in London
We have many more Career Help Articles Now Available.