The traditional Hawaiian or Polynesian luau has come a long way. This island tradition became from celebrating a wedding, birthday or just a great excuse to gather with your family and friends to have fun, eat great food, dancing and authentic entertainment. What a great tradition!
If you’re thinking you want to plan a Hawaiian luau but aren’t sure you can pull it off, you may be surprised at how easy it is.
Always start off with a check list here are a brief list of some of the most important items to have on your list, then you just elaborate on them or put your own twist to it.
1. Welcome your guests with Aloha
2. Play Polynesian luau music, Don Ho even throw in the Beach Boys
3. Wear a Hawaiian shirt, dress or Hula skirt and leis
4. Make your luau party as festive as possible with Hawaiian decor and decorations
5. Embrace the Spirit of Aloha with Hula dancing even go all out and hire some fire dancers if you can
6. Limbo, Limbo, Limbo, till you drop, literally… haha
7. Serve traditional luau foods and Drinks, believe it or not they can be really simple to prepare and taste like heaven
8. Don’t forget to serve regular food as well, hot dogs hamburgers etc. just so that everyone is happy
9.Create Fun Drinks, they don’t have to have alcohol in them to be authentic Hawaiian drinks but make sure to put garnishes in them like pineapple, cherries, orange slices and those cute little umbrellas and don’t forget the straws!
10. Give’em Leis to wear around their necks and flowers for their hair
11. Most important Relax make sure to Have Fun, and enjoy the food drinks and friends too, don’t get to caught up in serving the party, become apart of it!
Teach your guest how to Hula. There are some great DVD’s on how to learn the Hula Dance. And yes, make the men join in too. Talk about fun, this will bring giggles to your party!
What Does Aloha Mean?
A – AKAHAI: Akahai, meaning kindness to be expressed with tenderness
L – LOKAHI: Lôkahi, meaning unity, to be expressed with harmony
O – OLUOLU: ‘Olu’olu, meaning agreeable, to be expressed with pleasantness
H – HA’AHA’A: Ha’aha’a, meaning humility, to be expressed with modesty
A – AHONUI: Ahonui, meaning patience, to be expressed with perseverance
What does Mahalo mean?
Mahalo is a Hawaiian word meaning “thank you” but it also means great gratitude, respect, and admiration.
So with that said Aloha and Mahalo!
We have many More Hawaii Vacation Information, Travel Review and Attractions Articles Now Available.