Just in case you have somehow skipped the 20th century inside a cave, Home Depot is the largest home improvement retailer in the United States with 2,193 stores across the country and in foreign shores. In fact, you can build your own manmade cave with their construction supplies. Also, this home improvement giant also accepts commercial credit cards like MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. However, if you are after the best deals with this retailer, you might want to secure a store-issued Home Depot credit card.
There are two main types of the Home Depot cards. First, the Consumer Card and the Consumer Rewards MasterCard are mainly for homeowners who spend smaller amounts on construction materials for basic home repair, renovation and maintenance. Second, the Depot Commercial Cards and Depot Business Rewards MasterCard are targeted towards the small to large size businesses that spend larger amounts on construction supplies. As such, they are often engaged in interior design, office and residential building construction and other related industries.Of course, each card has its advantages depending on your home improvement needs.
There are many benefits to getting either of the abovementioned Home Depot cards, of which the following are the most important for card holders:
– You need not pay for an annual fee, which is in contrast with commercial credit cards charging as much as $100 annually.
– Upon your initial purchase of at least a thousand dollars, you do not have to make payment and pay interest for 6 months after the purchase. Basically, you are borrowing money for six months at no interest. After 6 months, you should start repaying your debt at fixed interest rates starting at 8 percent, depending on your card type.
– You can view, manage and pay your credit card account online at their website, which is definitely very fast, easy and convenient for busy individuals. You may also make in-store payments at any of the Home Depot stores.
– Your Home Depot credit card is valid in all Home Depot stores. You can basically shop in over 2,000 stores!
– You will be provided with easy-to-read itemized billing statements, which can be used for settlements and reconciliations, when and where necessary.
– You can track your purchases by either purchase order number, job name or job order, which is a very good feature especially when you are ordering in bulk.
– You do not assume financial responsibility and liability for unauthorized charges to your credit card.
– You can choose to pay in full or make low monthly payments. Take note, however, that the Commercial Credit Card requires full payment of all charges due and demandable every month.
You can also avail of special promotions and rewards programs with your Home Depot credit card. For example, you earn 2 points for charges made at gas stations, restaurants, drugstores and grocery stores. You can then redeem your accumulated points in gift cards, merchandise and air travel.
We have many more Credit Repair Articles Now Available.