One of the most important activities that we humans perform in a day is sleeping. Surprising as it may sound, it’s true. While some may view sleeping as a “timeout” for their brain and body, ask someone who is unable to get uninterrupted sleep at night and they’ll tell you how much sleep deprivation can affect our moods and other bodily functions through the day.
And if your sleep is disturbed because you have to make frequent trips to the bathroom, then it’s like adding insult to injury.
While many people may attribute disorderly sleeping habits to old age, there is also a close connection between a healthy prostate and a healthy sleep pattern. However, most men don’t realize this and are caught unaware by the urge to urinate frequently, especially at night, which often disrupts sleep and affects the overall quality of their life.
Maintaining Prostate Health
Prostate is a small gland found in the male reproductive system of most mammals. It surrounds the urethra and stores and secretes a slightly alkaline fluid that forms part of semen. The prostate gland grows in boys during puberty after which it doesn’t change much until they reach middle age. After this it starts growing again and doesn’t stop growing in some men for the rest of their lives.
While aging prostate doesn’t bother some men, it might affect sleeping patterns and urinary functions in others. However, it is best to have your physician evaluate you. Regular checkups as you age are important for men.
So, maintaining a healthy prostate, especially as you age, is the key to getting a good night’s sleep and preserving the quality of your life. There are certain dos and don’ts for maintaining prostate health:
- Include lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts in your diet. Fruits are a source of fructose that helps the body produce Vitamin D.
- Follow a daily exercise regimen. A 30-minute walk every day and some cardio exercises every week help maintain prostate health.
- Eat foods that are rich in antioxidants such as berries, pomegranate, grape, parsley, peppers, lemon, ginger, apricots, prunes, barley, oats, corn, cloves, cinnamon, etc.
- Take large doses of vitamin C and zinc to boost prostate health. Pumpkin seeds are a natural source of zinc and believed to benefit prostate health.
- Stick to a healthy plant-based diet instead of food derived from animals, especially red meat, eggs, and dairy.
Another substance that aids healthy prostate is beta-sitosterol. Beta-sitosterol is a phytosterol also known as plant sterol found in almost all plants. Its chemical structure is similar to that of cholesterol. Beta-sitosterol is also an antioxidant, which aids prostate health.
Additionally, the phytochemicals present in beta-sitosterol increase urinary flow rate and decrease residual urine volume, thereby benefiting overall urinary and prostate health.
Among the many natural sources of beta-sitosterol are soybeans, wheat germ, rice bran, peanuts, olives, cottonseed, fax seeds, and corn.
Beta-Sitosterol Prostate Supplement
These days, nutraceutical manufacturers have started using beta-sitosterol in their supplements owing to its health benefits. As it aids urinary and prostate health, beta-sitosterol prostate supplements have become extremely popular with older men.
With the pharmacies inundated with prostate health supplements, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. A couple of things to keep in mind while choosing a prostate supplement:
- Look at the concentration of important ingredients like beta-sitosterol, zinc, and copper.
- Buy the best product that you can afford, not the cheapest.
- Check your daily dosage requirements with your physician.
- Always compliment your nutritional supplements with foods rich in fiber.
Prostate supplements like Super Beta Prostate have the highest concentration of beta-sitosterol and delivers targeted nutrition for healthy prostate and urinary function. In addition to that, it is rich in various minerals like zinc, copper, manganese, etc. All the ingredients in Super Beta Prostate are scientifically researched to support healthy prostate and urinary function.
Formulated by research chemist Roger Mason, every bottle of Super Beta Prostate contains 60 caplets. Each daily serving of Super Beta Prostate consists of 600 mg of plant sterols in addition to vitamin D and 11 healthy minerals. It is endorsed by 4-year-Super Beta Prostate user and former baseball player Phil Garner. The 60-year-old takes Super Beta Prostate to support his prostate health.
If you crave for uninterrupted sleep at night, then the answer lies in taking control of your prostate.
We have many more Health Care Articles Now Available.