Scientists now know that it’s unsafe to not stay active, no matter how old you are. And you don’t need to buy fancy clothes or belong to a gym to become more active. We have many more Exercise Routine Articles Now Available.
Unfortunately, most people don’t get enough physical activity. Here are some reasons why they should:
* Believe it or not, the combination of the lack of physical activity and not eating the right foods are the second greatest inherent cause of death in the United States.
* Physical exercise can help people feel their best and help them enjoy life more.
* Regular exercise can check or delay some diseases like cancer, heart disease, or diabetes.
There are four types of exercises that you can do to have the right mix of physical activities.
1. Get at least 30 minutes of activity that makes you breathe harder on most or all days of the week. You don’t have to be active for 30 minutes all at once. Ten minutes of endurance activity at a time is fine. Just make sure those 10-minute sessions add up to a total of 30 minutes most days.
2. Keep using your muscles. When muscles aren’t used, they waste away at any age. Muscles increase your metabolism, allowing you to incinerate more calories during the day when your body is at rest.
3. Do things to help your balance. Every now and then walk heel-to-toe. When you walk this way, the toes of the foot in back should almost touch the heel of the foot in front.
4. Stretch. Stretching can help keep your flexibility to help you move more freely. Stretch when your muscles have warmed up.
So, make physical activity a part of your everyday life. Find things you enjoy. Go for brisk walks. Ride a bike. Dance. Work around the house and in the yard, take care of your garden, climb the stairs, or rake your leaves. Regular day to day chores around the house can keep you moving and active. We have many more Exercise Routine Articles Now Available.