Losing weight is not a walk in the park. It requires discipline, hard work and persistence. Is there an easy way – you may think? While there is no easy solution to suddenly becoming slim, however, there is an easier, more natural way to deal with excess belly fat and unwanted extra pounds. The solution is natural foods. Foods listed below are researched to promote weight loss more naturally and gently.
Vegetables is a good choice for your weight loss diet.
- Broccoli is a great vegetable to start with. Broccoli included in your diet will increase the volume of your meal and effectively satisfy your hunger while reducing your intake of calories.
Steamed Broccoli does a fantastic job of lowering your cholesterol levels in the body by stimulating the release of bile acids, just enough to lower cholesterol and not to corrode your bowels. In addition, broccoli is a natural detoxifier. Unwanted contaminants are eliminated from your body by a composition of phytonutrients found in broccoli, giving you the vital rejuvenation so desirable in the process of losing weight. It is also nice to know that Broccoli has a reputation for fighting chronic diseases such as prostate, breast and skin cancer.
- Spinach is a good vegetable for burning calories when combined with moderate exercises. It is a beautiful plant that everyone should know about, especially those wanting to lose weight. It is no brainer that muscle building burns calories outright. Spinach is rich in protein that speeds up post-work-out muscle recovery and growth. Apart from this, spinach does an excellent job of curbing your cravings for sugary and fatty foods. You can steam it and flavor with garlic or lemon.
- Beans, on the other hand, are best in making you feel full as well as warding off cravings for sugary foods that contain lots of calories. The best fact about beans is that it is a perfect substitute for foods rich in fats like red meat.
Proteins are essential for weight loss too.
- Meat. Many people have unfairly criticized meat. However, lean meat is a good source of protein for your body. A high protein intake will make you full for long time, decrease your appetite for a snack, and increase your body’s metabolism.
Protein will also cause weight-regulating hormones to function at their pick, thus controlling your weight. It will boost levels of appetite-reducing hormones GPL-1, Peptide YY, and Cholecystokinin while decreasing hormones responsible for hunger. Beans and legumes are particularly useful in reducing appetite.
One more interesting fact: when your body digest protein, it burns 20-30% of calories received from it. That means if you receive 100 calories from protein, in reality your body will only get 70 to 80.
Not all fat is bad; some is beneficial to weight loss.
- Olive oil is one of those fats that we need while we lose weight the healthy way. In fact, Olive oil contains high levels of adiponectin which is a hormone that is responsible for breaking down fats in the body. The more adiponectin hormones you have in your body; the less body mass index you will have. Doesn’t that sound right? So make sure Olive oil is your preferred cooking fat.
- Coconut oil is a saturated fat, but the best kind. Coconut fat comes from lauric acid which is known for balancing cholesterol level. However, the most important fact about coconut oil is that it helps in reducing abdominal obesity. So if you plan to concentrate on trimming fat around your belly, include coconut oil in your regiment.
So much has been written about health benefits of Omega-3 fat. I do not wat to over-emphasize the statement by saying that this fat should not be missed from your list of healthy foods promoting weight loss.
- Omega-3 is found in fish such as Salmon, Tuna, Mackerel, Sardines, and other fatty fish. Omega-3 helps in burning fat and reducing that ravenous appetite that is detrimental to weight loss.
You might have realized by now that many foods rich in protein and certain fats, being wrongly judged to cause weight gain, are the ones you should actually be taking, though in a balanced diet. Try to include the above foods in your diet and see the fantastic job that it can do to your body.
Eat healthy to live a healthy, fulfilling life.
We have many more Weight Loss help Articles Now Available.