The final will take place a few hours a month, eight, four beautiful girls from different countries around the world work hard for this moment. The world is the emergence of another beauty queen. Yes, I am referring to the grand final of Miss Universe. This is one of the top beauty pageants in the world and will be followed by thousands of people around the world. Here are some interesting facts that I collected on Miss Universe
1. Miss Universe began as a local bathing in Long Beach, California. E ‘was organized by Catalina Swimwear. As time has turned into one of the most prestigious beauty contests in the world.
2. Since 2002, the Miss Universe Organization jointly by NBC and Donald Trump has been consulted. Paula Shugart is the current president of the Miss Universe Organization. He sells the television rights for the show in other countries. It also produces Miss Italy and Miss Teen USA. The winner of Miss Italy has participated in Miss Universe.
invalid result data4. Venezuela, United States, Puerto Rico, are just some of the most prosperous countries of the Miss Universe contest.
5. In the past, Finland, Germany, the most prosperous countries of Sweden to Miss Universe.
6. England is the most successful non-win with the nine countries, five seats.
7. Many countries have expressed interest in participating in the competition, but some might not for religious and cultural reasons, while others were due to cost. Countries like Algeria did not participate in Miss Universe, because of the swimsuit competition. Countries such as Mozambique, Armenia and Nepal have expressed interest to participate in Miss Universe, but not because of the high proportion of franchising in the amount of Miss Universe.
8. Last countries, delegates to the Miss Universe China (2002), Albania (2002), Vietnam (2004), Georgia (2004), Ethiopia (2004), Latvia (2005), Kazakhstan (2006), Tanzania (2007) Kosovo (2008).
9. Since 2007, only four countries participated in Miss Universe since its inception in 1952. They are: Canada, France, Germany and the United States.
10. Yolande Betbèze, Miss America 1951, refused to pose in a swimsuit to swimsuit Catalina. Following the brand manufacturer Pacific Mills withdrew from Miss America and introduced to Miss Italy and Miss Universe beauty pageant.
11. Armi Kuusela of Finland won the first beauty contest in 1952, but she gave him the title of Virgilio Hilario, marrying a Filipino businessman.
12. Until 1958 the title of Miss Universe was post-dated. Sun was declared Miss Universe 1953 Miss Kuusela
13. Miss Universe was conferred in 1955 on television. From 1960 – 1965, CBS’s nationally televised Miss Universe and Miss USA. In 2003, NBC took over the TV rights.
14. In the early years of the candidates for Miss Universe were announced after the qualifying round. From 1965 until today, the semi-finalists were not announced until the night of the Main Event. The semi-finalists then compete in evening wear, swimwear segment and one of the top five were announced.
15. The interview section was introduced in 1960 to determine the finalists and winners.
16. From 1959 to 1963, there was no system of selection of the five finalists. The finalists and winners have been named finalists for fifteen half. In 1964, he was fifteen top ten. After a series of interviews, the winners and runners-up were called by the 10 finalists.
17. It is interesting to note that from 1965-1989, took the Miss Universe to its old form of election of five.
18. A Miss Universe 1969, a final question was the five best candidates. Then the last question was sometimes included and excluded from the parade. Finally, in 1990, has become mainstream.
19. Since 1990, the trend was reversed in the selection of five finalists, and there were six finalists. Each participant was randomly by a judge, who later said he chose a question. This was further reduced to three finalists.
20. In 1998, the number of finalists was reduced to five, but was reduced in the first three. Which lasted until 2001, when the final 5 format was restored.
21. The interview was completed in 2000 and competitors in the segment of the Miss Universe swimsuit competition and dress.
22. Miss Universe 2003 was used, the first fifteen times, instead of the top ten. Then it was reduced to five above.
23. In 2006, hours, eight semi-finalists in the competition, while in segment announced a bathing suit. The data was then reduced to ten, and these delegates competing in evening gown section. After the five finalists have been announced. Then they compete in the round of the interview. Then the finalists are announced and the winner was.
24. The format has changed once again in Miss Universe 2007, where fifteen semi-finalists in the competition in this segment of swimwear. Then, ten candidates competing in evening gown segment. From there, five were selected. Then the five participants attended the question “final” segment.
25. They were in Miss Universe 2009, for the first time, the first races streamed online. The reign of Miss Universe Dayana Mendoza and Ed Fields, a local personality adio Bahamas hosted the qualifying round.
26. For the first time, the Bahamas to host the Miss Universe contest. Moreover, the country was also a semifinalist for the first time
27. In Miss Universe 2009 Jewel Selver was to represent the Turkish and Caicos islands, but withdrew from the competition, August 22, 2009. He said he was suffering from dehydration. Selver is transferred from one side, beyond the preparation for the event.
28. Croatia was interested could participate in Miss Universe 2009, but not because of economic problems and economic recession.
29. Investor Jonathan Westbrook did everything to bring the Miss Universe 2009 for Australia, but show no interest at all sites as possible.
30. Donald Trump, who owns the Miss Universe organization was very interested in keeping the exhibition in Dubai, but he could not do because of bad relations between the United Arab Emirates and Israel.
31. The grand final of Miss Universe 2009 will be held at the Imperial Ballroom, Atlantis Paradise Island.
32. Atlantis Paradise Island is a tourist resort. E ‘was created in South Africa from the businessman Sol Kerzner and Kerzner International Hotels Limited. Has adapted to the station of the best and most beautiful in the world.
33. Before Atlantis was named Trump Plaza has been changed after the construction of Atlantis Royal Towers.
34. Travel + Leisure named the Atlantic pinnacles remain inside best offer
35. Atlantis Paradise Island has seen a new edition has been added to call the Cove and Reef Atlantis
36. Dean Cain is a popular television actor and producer Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.will Judge of Miss Universe 2009
37. Colin Andrew Wilkie Cowie, is a lifestyle guru and party planner to the stars are great judges of Miss Universe 2009
38. Award-songwriter, producer, style guru Gerry DeVeaux will be the judges of Miss Universe 2009
39. Farouk Shami, a Palestinian-American businessman who is the judge of Miss Universe 2009
40. Be Heather Kerzner, a philanthropist and ambassador Kerze is the judge of Miss Universe 2009
41. Richard Lefrak, Chairman, President and CEO, will be the judges of Miss Universe 2009 Lefrak Organization
42. George J. Maloof Jr. owns the Sacramento Kings, the Sacramento Monarchs, and The Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, go to the judges of Miss Universe 2009
43. Raquel Valeria Mazza, Argentinian model will be one of the judges of Miss Universe 2009
44. Matthew Rolston Russell, a fashion photographer and music video director in the U.S. is the same judge Miss Universe 2009
45. Andre Leon Talley, editor of American Vogue will be the judges of Miss Universe 2009
46. Actress Tamara Tunie Lou, best known for her role as medical examiner Melinda Warner on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit will be the judge at Miss Universe 2009
47. Keisha Whitaker, fashion maven and founder of the Kissable Couture lip gloss line is part of the jury of Miss Universe 2009
48. South Asia, India has been very successful in a beauty contest. This year, Ekta Choudhary participate in India. Ekta Delhi. She is 5 ‘9 .5, and vital statistics are 32-24-36.
49. Ekta Choudhary parents wanted to come to the Bahamas to support his daughter, but she could not come because they were threatened by local thugs. They fear that their house was attacked in his absence.
50. Miss Universe officials have decided to release part of the high without the photos out of Miss Universe Dayana Mendoza. Previously, these photos were the beauty queen in the title, they forced her to give up his title, but this time the Miss Universe officials made an exception. The photos were published in the September issue of Maxim magazine.
We have many More Atlantis, Paradise Island Information, Travel Review and Attractions Articles Now Available.