“Sound the alarms! I need an emergency weight loss plan!” Two weeks before her wedding, my sister yelled, “The heck with your healthy diets…I need to lose weight and lose it now.”
Unfortunately, we have become accustomed to immediate gratification and demand it at all times. With weight loss, it just can’t happen immediately. Yes, I can show my sister how to lose weight fast, but I can’t guarantee she’ll keep it off. We have many more Weight Loss help Articles Now Available.
And isn’t that what it’s all about? Keeping weight off and not needing to diet in the first place–this is your goal.
Quick weight loss is not a solution; instead, it is the problem. Trying to lose weight fast causes physiological changes that promote weight gain, the exact opposite of keeping weight off.
However, people, like my sister, want to lose weight fast. So is there a way to produce fast weight loss and not promote future weight gain? Not really.
But I do have a system for fast weight loss while minimizing the future weight gain potential inherent in quick weight loss plans.
Fast Weight Loss Plan
This is the same plan I published a few months ago. It works. You’ll lose weight fast and, if you diet right afterwards, you’ll keep it off.
The Emergency Weight Loss Steps:
- Week One, Part One — drink a protein shake supplement everyday. Do not change anything else. Drink a protein shake that’s a 50:50 mix of whey to casein proteins. The best time to drink the shake depends on your physical activities.Since most bodybuilders know what to do, I suggest for the rest of us, a protein shake between breakfast and lunch or between lunch and dinner. The time you choose depends on when you have the longest period of fasting. For me, it’s between lunch and dinner, so my shake comes around 3pm.
Week One, Part Two — Start an exercise program, with the first week involving nothing but stretching major muscle groups. Stretching increases the tonal stimulation to muscles (tone) causing them to burn more calories at rest. Plus it protects against injuries.
- Week Two — Start dieting by replacing 1/2 of a meal with the same protein shake from last week. Do this for 1 week.
- Week Three — Replace one whole meal with a protein shake. Change the mixture of the shake to 60% whey and 40% casein proteins. For most people, this comes out to about a 500 calorie reduction.
- Week Four — Reduce caloric intake by another 250 calories. I suggest adding a second protein shake, made up of the same 60:40 mix and use it to replace 1/2 of a another meal.
Record the amount of weight you’re losing. Never let it reach a rate of more than 4 pounds per week (that’s double what I normally recommend).
- Week Five — Repeat week four.
- Week Six — Add back the last 250 calories you dropped and stop drinking the second shake.
My sister tried it and lost weight just in time for her wedding. Did she keep it off? No.
Emergency Weight Loss–Build It & Lose It!
She currently is following my “Weight Lose It!” system which includes “Diet Build It!”. She started it three weeks ago and has lost 4 pounds and feels fantastic. We have many more Weight Loss help Articles Now Available.