Computer viruses have been a common term to all of the computer users. However, though we use computer daily, do you really know how to remove computer viruses when you are suffered by these terrible unexpected intruders? Actually, as long as you read this article, and learn some basic knowledge about computer virus, you should know several ways to manually or automatically remove them. They are just not that horrible. Get rid of viruses now!
Do You Have a Computer Virus?
If you suspect that you may have a computer virus, please confirm it first. The common symptoms for a virus-compromised computer are: computer running very slow, popping up with many unknown errors, displaying constantly ads windows, random PC reboots, or blue error screens, etc. In a word, a compromised computer just runs abnormally. If any of the above happens, your computer is likely infected by viruses. Then do not panic. Be assured you can also fix your computer viruses yourself.
How to Remove Computer Viruses Automatically?
The fastest and easiest way to remove a computer virus is to run antivirus software. Definitely, you need to have a virus removal tool installed to secure your computer.
1. Close all running processes. Before you run the antivirus software, please make sure you have saved and shut down all the running programs, files or any other applications. This is because most of the antivirus software requires a reboot of your PC in order to disable any process of the computer virus. Run a scan on your computer with the antivirus software. Remove the detected virus.
2. Update your antivirus software. In order to catch up with the latest spreading viruses, good antivirus software should always have update on its virus definitions database from time to time. So, before you run the virus removal tool, check the virus definitions update first.
3. Detect and remove computer virus. Run the virus scanner of your antivirus software to detect the computer virus as well as any other malicious PC threats. Then, remove the detected computer virus and other malicious items.
How to Remove Computer Virus Manually?
Usually, it is ok and easy to automatically remove the computer virus or other malicious PC threats with a virus removal tool. But some people might have the idea to do both the automatic and manual computer virus removal! Well, it is a good idea anyway. If you also want to know the way for a manual virus removal, you can try the following manual steps:
1. Remove suspicious programs from Add/Remove Programs
Most of the computer viruses intrude into your computer with the spyware programs, so you need to remove any suspicious programs from your computer. You can first start you PC in the Safe Mode by pressing F8 while your PC reboots. Then, click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. This will list all programs that are installed on your machine. Look for those associated with the virus or Spyware and delete them. Meanwhile, you can search online to get a list of programs corresponding to a particular virus.
2. Delete Virus Files
The list of files related with a specific virus can be searched for through the Internet. Then, you can just look for these files on your computer and delete them permanently.
3. Delete unnecessary Registry Entries
Viruses add some Registry entries into your system Registry when they install on your computer. Again search information from the net and remove these redundant entries to completely flush out the virus from your computer.
Note: Anyone who wants to try the manual computer virus removal should be careful enough to avoid the risk of deleting needed files and entries. To clear viruses from your computer and to know more about the best virus/spyware removal tool you can go to the following link.
Want to Try a FREE SPYWARE SCANNER NOW? Protect you computer against spyware, virus and other PC threats with a good spyware removal tool, please read here http://www.bestspywarescanner.net/
We have many more Virus Removal Help Articles Now Available.