Whether you want to lose weight, lose fat, build muscle, or just like to eat a healthy diet, consider adding a protein powder supplement to your diet. The best protein powders are made of whey protein, which has been found to be the most easily absorbed form of protein plus it has no cholesterol. It makes a tasty snack, meal on the go, or post work out drink. It is a welcome change if you are on a low carb diet and get tired of eating low fat meat and low fat dairy products.
It’s been found that a high quality whey protein will:
– Give you more lean muscle mass when combined with exercise
– Help you lose body fat
– Increase your metabolic rate
– Control your appetite
– Deliver more protein with less fat than other protein sources
– Is acceptable even for people who can’t normally drink milk or eat dairy
And here is what to look for when looking for the best whey protein powder:
– You want one that isn’t artificially sweetened or sweetened with sugar or high fructose corn syrup. These types of sweeteners counteract what you are trying to do! They have been shown to stimulate your appetite, increase your craving for sweets, increase your fat storage hormone levels, and makes you eat more. Besides they just aren’t good for you!
– You can buy a high quality protein powder sweetened with fructose, but I prefer one sweetened with stevia, a natural non-caloric sweetener. Stevia is a green shrubby bush that has leaves 100 times sweeter than sugar.
– You also want a whey protein powder that states it is cold processed as heat processing denatures the protein and decreases its protein value.
– You want to buy whey protein that tastes good! Some taste awful and don’t mix well. Yuck.
– You want to buy protein powder that is affordably priced! Some are ridiculously expensive. You should be able to buy whey protein in the $1.00 per serving range. One designer whey protein powder costs over $3.00 per serving.
– You want a product produced by a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) “A” Rated facility, so what they state is in the bottle is really IN the bottle. (It’s extremely difficult to get certified and even tougher to get an “A”.)
– You want a product that offers a 100% money back guarantee. If you don’t like it or it doesn’t agree with you, you don’t want to get stuck.
– If you are buying online you want to buy your products from a company with an excellent BBB rating. It will minimize your customer service issues.
The best whey protein that meets all the standards I’m looking for when I buy whey protein is ProEnergy Whey Protein Powder. This whey protein brand actually exceeds my expectations because it comes from cows that are grass fed in pastures and free of rBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone), an extra benefit.
Since you are using a protein powder to get healthy and fit, it only makes sense to buy the best protein powder you can find.
We have many more Exercise and Fitness Routine Articles Now Available.