Lips are considered the most important part of the beauty. Even poets wrote thousands of poems on the beauty of their beloved in which beauty of lips are highlighted. Every person wants smooth lips but in colder months lips become chapped and results in bleeding.
Chapped lips is a condition whereby the lips become dry and possibly cracked. Chapped lips can be painful, embarrassing, and uncomfortable. Chapped lips are most often caused by being in overly windy, sunny, or dry conditions.
Chapped lips is a condition whereby the lips become dry and possibly cracked. Chapped lips can be painful, embarrassing, and uncomfortable.
Chapped lips happens because our lips lacked the oil glands to manufacture melanin, unlike other parts of our skin. Thus, our lips becomes vulnerable to chapping when under constant exposure to intense sun rays or freezing cold weather.
Causes of Chapped Lips:-
1] Normally, chapped lips occur when moisture of lips disappears.
2] Exposure to sun, wind, heat and dry air as all these conditions take the moisture from the skin.
3] Dehydration is another cause of dry lips.
4] If you are not taking essential fatty acids or a diet that is poor in vitamin B, there are much chances of having dry lips.
5] Lip Biting and Sucking.
Signs and Symptoms of Chapped Lips:-
Chapped Lips Treatment and Prevention Tips:-
1. Avoid licking your lips.
2. Avoid excessive sun exposure.
3. Try to keep the air in your home humid.
4. Use a humidifier at home to keep air moist.
5. Avoid using a flavored lip balm, which can tempt you to lick your lips.
6. Use lip balm that contains sunblock if you are going to be outside.
7. Use a sunscreen on your lips when outside in sunny weather.
8. Before applying lipstick, dab on a very small amount of lip balm or petroleum jelly to give your lips a little moisture.
9. Take warm water and cloth. Now, dip the cloth in water but be sure the cloth is not very hot to burn the skin. Rub the affected area with that cloth.
10. Use natural beauty products on your lips.
11. Make sure that you are getting enough nutrients such as vitamin B1, B12 and iron.
12. Apply frequent doses of shea butter, olive or coconut oil to your lips.
So, how do you go about dealing with chapped lips? Is there a perfect treatment plan? Well, not perfect, but you can do three things that will really help. The first is to stop licking your lips! The second is to use a lip balm or chapstick to protect them from the elements. Third, consider putting a humidifier in your home to keep things from drying out too much.
This condition is very painful and you should consult with your doctor if you feel you have this. Remember that there can be several causes of chapped lips which can be easily managed. Everyone can have healthy, beautiful lips.
Read About Home Remedies also Read about Chapped Lips and Amoebiasis
We have many more Anti Aging Help Articles Now Available.