So you have bad credit, millions do, and more importantly millions did. Yes million of people have taken the steps necessary to improve their credit history, and credit ratings.
Before you start to improve your credit rating, it’s critical to find out why your credit is in the state that it is. If you don’t know why your credit is poor, then you must ask to see your credit reference file to find out. At the UK Credit Card Centre we can help you in your quest to understand your credit score (Visit our Credit Help page).
Once you have a good understanding why your credit score is poor, or bad, there are a number of simple steps you can take to help improve your credit rating and start to rebuild credit history and score:
- Make sure you are on the electoral roll. It only takes a few minutes to register with your local council and it will help to improve your credit score over time.
- Always pay bills when they are due. This will begin to improve your credit history and score and will again give you an improved credit rating over time.
- Do not apply for too much credit. The number of times you apply for credit, either credit cards or loans can have a negative effect on your credit score. Every application for credit is logged into your credit file. Too many credit applications in a short period of time may not help your credit rating.
- The truth matters. When applying for credit never give false or misleading details. Always tell the truth. If there are inconsistencies with past credit applications or details that are held on credit checking systems differ from your application it will affect your credit score.
- Start to build a credit history over time and when you check your credit reference file you should find an improved credit score. Remember good credit will not occur over-night, but if you take the time to fix your credit blemishes, your score will improve over time.
So how can you improve credit ratings if you can’t get credit? Credit card companies like our Vanquis and Capital One are specially designed for people with bad credit, or for people that have credit that needs help. Even if you have been turned down by other credit card companies, you may be able to qualify for cards designed to improve credit.
As long as you manage the card properly, stay withn your credit limits and pay promptly, this is a good way to build credit history and to improve your credit rating. Take the time to understand how to build good credit, and you will start down the road of financial freedom. To find out more about cards designed for people with bad credit, Please visit our site UK Credit Card Centre for additional details.
We have many more Credit Repair Articles Now Available.