Due to pollution, wrong diet and other possible factors which hasten the aging process of the skin, people are now turning into using a specific anti-aging cream which is suited for the type of skin they have. These skin creams moisturize and repair the skin, promote better skin tone, lift and firm the skin to keep it strong and wrinkle free. There are different types of anti-aging creams. There are those which are designed for night use, day use, with SPF or none, for the skins around the eyes, the face, the neck and other parts of the body. It is actually how amazing these products have evolved during the past years. But do these creams really give positive and visible effects to the person patronizing them? Do these creams solve different aging problems of the skin?
It is always best to study the components of these creams to see if they really help make skin look younger or not. The effectiveness of an anti-aging cream will depend on the active ingredients it has. The most common ingredients found in these preparations are:
– Retinol. A vitamin A compound, retinol is a kind of anti-oxidant which is commonly used as a nonprescription anti-wrinkle cream. The free radicals present on our skins due to pollution other skin damaging factors results to unstable amount of oxygen in our skin which makes the skin create wrinkles and progress aging. Retinol counteracts this process by oxidizing the skin thus minimizing the presence of wrinkles.
– AHA or the alpha hydroxyl acids are acids which are extracted from fruits. AHAs are known for its exfoliating properties. It removes the dead skin cells on the outer layer of the skin and replenishes it with new healthy ones.
– Kinetin helps in reducing the amount of wrinkles on the skin by keeping moisture on the skin and hastening the production of collagen which promotes stronger and healthier skin.
– Coenzyme Q10 or Co-Q10 which is mostly present in many anti-aging preparations is a type of nutrient that promotes the production of energy of the cells. It protects the skin from further damage as it acts as an anti-oxidant as well.
– Tea extracts such as green and black (just some of the most common ones in the market) are also incorporated in an anti-aging cream as it has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects on the skin making wrinkles less visible.
Most people look for miracles when buying an anti-aging cream hoping to get the effects they want in a very short amount of time. However, creams do not do magic. But do they work? The answer is, yes. Knowing that most anti-aging preparations contain the above mentioned ingredients make it obvious that they do help in slowing down the aging process of the skin. But it takes time to get the results you want. Patience does pay off and that’s the most important thing of all. Also bear in mind that the effect of a certain anti-aging cream varies from the other. So be sure to have the one that is right for the skin type that you have.
We have many more Anti Aging Help Articles Now Available.