It happens—one day you wake up and look in the mirror, and you suddenly realize you have bags under your eyes, lines on your forehead, and spots all over your skin. You look old. But don’t despair. Taking proper care of your skin will somewhat halt the ageing process and allow you to hold on to the youth you have left. Here are several tips to make yourself look younger:
- Stay away from the sun – You might not know, it but the sun can cause tremendous damage to your skin. From sagging skin, to brown spots, deep creases, and fine wrinkles, harmful UV rays can trigger them all. The most important thing to do is to protect yourself. This means you have to put on sunblock with at least SPF15 every day. Try not to go out when the sun is at its hottest. If you do have to be outdoors, wear protective gear, such as sunglasses and hats.
- Eat right – Free radicals on your skin can cause wrinkles and sun damage. To neutralize these free radicals, you have to consume foods that are rich in antioxidants. This includes prunes, oranges, raisins, russet potatoes, artichokes, and beans. You also have to keep yourself hydrated to maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- Get enough sleep – Nothing makes your skin look dull than lack of sleep. What’s more, research shows that sleep loss can also lead to body inflammation.
- Exfoliate – Dead skin piles up on your body. To remove these, simply exfoliate using facial scrubs or home peels. Be sure to exfoliate gently. Exfoliating too much can lead your skin to bigger problems, such as acne.
- Moisturize – As you get older, your skin’s production of natural oils decreases. Oil on the face is not bad, but too much can lead to acne. To keep your skin looking radiant, apply moisturizer every day. Moisturize only the parts of your skin that is dry. Don’t forget to put lotion on the rest of your body, too.
- Consult with a dermatologist – If you want to be sure that you are doing the right regime for your skin, go to a dermatologist. A dermatologist can assess the state of your skin—is it too oily? Too dry? Do you have any skin conditions that need to be treated? Dermatologists can also provide professional advice on what products you should use on your face. If you have developed sun spots or wrinkles, they can be removed through procedures administered by a dermatologist, such as laser or Botox injections.
We have many more Anti Aging Help Articles Now Available.