Thanks to increasing accident rates and rising repair costs, auto insurance costs are going through the roof. But you can still get affordable auto insurance from a reputable company. Here’s how …
Because insurance rates vary so much between companies, comparison shopping can save you hundred of dollars a year on your insurance premium.
The first thing you need to do on your quest for affordable auto insurance is to visit an insurance comparison website. There you can get auto insurance quotes from multiple top-rated companies.
All you have to do at these sites is fill out a simple questionnaire with your insurance information and the amount of insurance you want, wait for your quotes, then choose the company with the most affordable quote.
If you’re confused about auto insurance, or need some answers, the best insurance comparison sites allow you to talk with an insurance expert through an online chat service or by telephone. (See link below.)
Consolidate Your Policies
Most insurance companies will give you a 10 to 15 percent discount if you place your homeowners or renters insurance and your auto insurance with them.
Raise Your Deductible
Raising your deductible (the amount you pay on a claim before your insurance company will pay) can drastically reduce your insurance premium. For example, raising it from $250 to $1,000 can decrease you insurance premium by up to 50 percent.
Get All the Discounts You Can
Insurance companies offer all kinds of discounts. These include:
* Good driver discount for being accident free for 3 to 5 years.
* Safe auto discount for have safety features such as auto alarms, anti-theft devices, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
* Senior discount for drivers over the age of 50.
* Low mileage discount if you drive less than the average driver.
* Drivers training discount if you take a drivers education or defensive driving course.
* Good student discount if you’re a student and maintain a high grade average.
* Occupational discounts to professionals such as engineers, scientists, teachers, police officers, and military personnel.
* Internet discount if you purchase your auto insurance policy online.
Be sure to ask your insurance provider about all the discounts that are available to you and include them in your policy.
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com or click on the following link to get affordable auto insurance rate quotes from top-rated companies and see how much you can save. You can get more insurance tips in their Articles section.
We have many more Auto Insurance Help Articles Now Available.