Before the tips for writing an administrative assistant resume are given out, how about providing info on the job profile of an administrative assistant?
Basically, in most of the companies, the post of administrative assistant forms a more of a general designation which can cover a vast range of job oriented task and skills and because of the same reason it complicates the process of writing a specific resume for the same title.
Nevertheless, let’s see the basics of scribbling down a resume for administrative assistant
- First thing shall be listed first. Write your full name on the face of the resume. Writing the same in full and in bold letters provide a quick info to your profile when recruiters are dishing out the selected candidates to be called for the interview. Recruiters don’t have much time to see whose resume is it so make sure your name is there on the top of the CV to not miss out on the knocking opportunities.
- Experience- As an administrative assistant job requires a person with ample work experience in the field, it would be advisable to mention about all the relevant experiences from the various earlier jobs. Also mention which companies you have worked with as what and for how long. Mention about any achievements achieved during the tenure, too.
- Mention the skills- Interpersonal, soft, psychosocial, psychological, clerical, and technical and many such skills shall be mentioned in the administrative assistant resume. It would be beneficial for the candidate if he is able to provide real life experiences that can show how he used his various skills to counter the numerous situations.
- Divide the two skills such as transferable and non-transferable in to two parts and doing the same would give a clear cut indication to the recruiters if you deserve the post.
- Educational details- Start mentioning about your educational details. The first shall come on the top most priority and followed in the same chronological order. Giving details about educational qualification shall make you available for the post of administrative assistant in no time.
- Most of the employers who are in administration line, seek a candidate who is loyal to his assigned duties and is able to run the system in a soothing way. Thus, you can just quote some examples like- Remained in the office beyond my official timing to make sure all switches are turned off. Another example- Remained in the office from the clock of the dawn to dusk to make sure all things fall in place.
- Layout, presentation, print and paper- Last but not the least, always make sure to make your administrative assistant resume attractive yet ‘not over the top’ to make it look neat and clean. Thus, choosing a good layout and font would help you get that perfect look. Once you have decided what fonts and layout to choose, it’s time to select a compatible paper and printer to have your labor that you put in making the resume comes out clean on the paper.
Always remember that resume writing for administrative assistant is twisty and follows a distinctive style to put various things at various places as instructed above. Thus, in order to write a resume, always take into consideration the above points.
In case you want more info, just take the plunge over the internet for some free resume writing tips for the administrative assistant resume. Good Luck!
We have many more Career Help Articles Now Available.