In today’s ever-changing economy, I believe it is a good idea to have a resume on-hand at all times. It doesn’t matter whether you are a CEO of an outside company (other than your home) or if you are the CEO of Your Home (“A Seasoned Homemaker”) — a job I consider to be the hardest of them all! That is exactly why I wanted to write this article and share my heart with you.
I want you to feel confident about what you do as a Homemaker and how you affect the world around you. We are not just “stay-at-home-moms,” as I have heard derogatorily put now-a-days, but rather we are Momma-preneurs in every sense of the word!
- Manage schedules and logistics for a family of five.
- Create and balance priorities.
- Create and implement a cost-effective budget.
- Motivate, coach and counsel children.
- Teach and implement model of work and moral ethics.
- Work closely with teachers to monitor academic performance of each child within the home environment.
- To plan, organize, co-supervise and execute extracurricular activities, both in and out of the home.
- Mediate disputes among family member and to facilitate solutions for those disputes.
- To be responsible for the purchasing of: clothing, food and supplies. Plan, prepare and serve nutritious meals for a family of five.
- Coordinate and execute medical care for all family members.
- To co-establish, execute and enforce the loving discipline of the children.
- To chauffeur children to: school(s), team sport(s), music lesson(s), play date(s) and more!
- Negotiating with suppliers, to pay invoices, reconcile accounts and negotiate savings.
- Oversee and organize the arrangements for home and vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Create and maintain a clean home and everything in it for the family.
- Meal planning and to create delicious dinners to entertain mate’s employers, clients, and friends.
- And, finally to assist my hubby with the management of all family finances and investments.
Summary of Skills
*Effectively perform housekeeping and home management duties in a timely manner.
*Over fourteen year’s child care experience.
*Management, implementation and coordination of multiple activities and schedules.
*Ability to provide stress management strategies to meet Psychological and/or emotional needs of each family member.
*Excellent in problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
Relevant Skills and Qualifications
- Director of Domestic Management – skills include, but are not limited to, performing daily routine housekeeping such as: washing and drying of dishes, maintaining laundry, making of beds, changing of sheets, organizing rooms, general cleaning, disinfecting, and polishing kitchen, baths, bedrooms, laundry facilities and basements. To sweep, mop, wash, wax and polish floors, household trim, walls, furniture and more. Dusting of furniture and vacuuming of carpeting. Pick up debris for the household and empty trash containers. Responsible for implementing tasks for her staff (“the children”) to also assist her with these duties.
- Machine Operator – skills/duties include, but are not limited to: washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, garage disposals, electrical equipment, and more.
- Home Improvement Supervisor – skills/duties include, but are not limited to: do-it-yourself home improvement projects, painting, general up-keep and maintenance of your structural home, and more. If need be, interview and meet with prospective sub-contractors to assist in home improvement projects.
- Director of Account and Financial Services – skills/duties include, but are not limited to: Budget Planning, Accounting; and Financial Management of the families’ daily, weekly, monthly and yearly living expenses. Financial planning and budgeting, coordinating and conducting of all household activities and purchases: such as groceries, clothing, field trips, sports trips, subscriptions, prescriptions and more! Negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms, and transportation arrangements for purchase of household merchandise. To ascertain savings and to use them to the best of her ability.
- Secretarial skills/duties include, but are not limited to: maintaining multiple lines of communication, schedules, events, appointments and activities for your family.
- Domestic Nursing – skills/duties include, but are not limited to: assessing, implementing and coordinating medical care for each and every family member (including pets) of the household. Being able to monitor, record, and report any symptoms of change of health of a family member (including pets). Administer medication and treatment as prescribed by a nurse practitioner, doctor and/or vet. Being able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient (and pet) care on a 24/7 basis.
- Planning and Events Coordinator – skills/duties include, but are not limited to: meal planning, preparation, and cooking of daily meals catered to individual family members’ tastes and preferences. Plan mealtime menus and determine size of food portions. Estimate food requirements, costs, nutritional value, and monitor and order supplies as needed. Serve meals timely and pleasantly. Planning of family activities, such as: vacation time, play dates, special events, sporting events, etc.
- Social Work Coordinator – skills/duties include, but are not limited to: providing the best possible counsel to assist family members in developing skills. To deal with and resolve social, personal and emotional problems. Develop, maintain and execute both educational and leisure activities for children. Guide and assist child with the proper development of manners, etiquette, biblical instruction, and character building traits and in general, everyday life skills to make them able to reach their full potential in life. Instruction of: dressing, toilet habits, proper hygiene, and overall cleanliness. Observe child for signs of learning disabilities or emotional problems. Lead children in activities by reading stories, singing songs, doing crafts, and visiting local points of interest.
1994-present Ongoing Financial Planner, Consultant
1995-present Child Care Worker, Teacher, Negotiator
1995-present Director of Domestic Management (Homemaker)
1995-present Buyer, Purchasing Agent
Interests and Hobbies: Home Entertainer, Caterer, Financial and Office Clerical Support Volunteer.
We have many more Financial Planning Help Articles Now Available.