If you currently on the Medifast diet, or you are considering starting it, there are some easy to follow tips that will help you maximize the effectiveness of the Medifast diet. The Medifast Diet Plan is designed in a specific way to efficiently help you lose weight through low fat, calorie and carbohydrate controlled, and individually portion meals. There are certain fool proof activities you can do to help you lose more weight and keep it off.
- Eat every 2 to 3 hours – this will help you stay full and control your cravings. It will also help you lose weight by maximizing the efficiently of your metabolism. When you eat every two to three hours, your metabolism runs at full speed and your burn more calories and more fat.
- Do NOT skip meals – skipping meals will cause you to be malnourished and fatigued. It will also cause your metabolism to slow down which means you won’t lose as much weight as you could. You need to make sure you eat all six meals in a day, one every 2 to 3 hours. But if you miss a meal, do not eat more than one to make up for it. If it is possible to eat a little extra the next few meals to keep you nourished, try that, but do not eat two meals in one. This will overload your metabolism and will hinder your weight loss.
- Eat Slowly – eating slowly will give your stomach time to digest your food, but it will also allow you to eat less over time. Eating quickly will make you fuller faster, but it will also cause you to become hungry faster. If you eat slowly and savor your food, you will maximize the effectiveness of the food, and your body will be healthier.
- Drink Lots of Water – don’t think you can just drink anything. Most drinks contain calories and sugar that your body does not need. It is recommended that drink at least 8 glasses of water (64 ounces total) every day. Water helps your metabolism, digestive system, respiratory system, and plenty of other areas in your body that keep it at it’s healthiest.
- Limit Caffeine – the low calorie meals on the Medifast diet cause you to become sensitive to caffeine, so keeping your intake to less than three servings a day. You should limit your caffeine intake regardless of what diet you are on. A little amount of caffeine will actually help speed up your metabolism a little, but too much will get you addicted and cause your body to become weak and tired with it.
- Avoid Alcohol – you should limit your alcohol consumption on any diet. Alcohol contains unneeded calories, and it will increase your appetite. Even one drink per day can slow down the effectiveness of the Medifast diet and affect your weight loss.
- Keep a Journal – another must on any diet. A journal will help you keep track of your eating and exercise, and it will help you stay focused on your weight loss.
These tips should help you maximize the effectiveness of the Medifast diet (or any diet for that matter).
We have many more Weight Loss help Articles Now Available.