1. Drink lots of water. ~ One of the best things you can do to help with your weight loss, is to be sure that you drink plenty of water. Drinking water will help with your digestion, keep you hydrated throughout the day, and help make you feel as though you are full so you don’t eat as much.
2. Know your carbs. ~ There are 2 types of carbohydrates. One is simple carbohydrates, such as sugar. This type of carbohydrate gives you a boost of energy as the sugar gets into the bloodstream. The rapid absorption of simple carbohydrates increases the chances of sugar converting to fat. The other type of carbohydrate is complex carbohydrates such as grains, fruits and vegetables which will help to satisfy your appetite and make you feel full longer. The digestion of complex carbohydrates takes longer, which supplies you with a steady stream of energy and limits the amount of sugar converted into fat. We have many more Weight Loss help Articles Now Available.
Eating more complex carbohydrates will help you to lose weight.
3. Get enough protein. ~ Proteins are the building blocks of the body. Proteins also supply energy, but not as readily as carbohydrates.
4. Eat low-fat foods. ~ Fats are very high in calories and there are many health risks associated with a diet that is high in fat. The fact though, is we need fats. Fats help with nutrient absorption, nerve transmission, etc. However, when consumed in excess amounts, fats contribute to weight gain.
Some fats help, while others increase our risks of heart disease. The key is to replace bad fats with good fats in our diet.
Monounsaturated fats is a good fat. It helps lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol), while increasing HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol). Monounsaturated fats have also been found to help in weight loss, particularly body fat.
Polyunsaturated fats also lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol. Saturated fats and trans fats are the worst kind of fat and should be avoided.
5. Get enough fiber. ~ Eat a sufficient amount of dietary fiber to help curb your appetite, and help with your digestive system. Eating foods high in fiber helps keep you feeling full longer. We have many more Weight Loss help Articles Now Available.