Even when it seems that the information is overwhelming for what’s healthy and what’s not, it is possible to choose a healthy lifestyle that includes modern and manageable choices to accommodate any lifestyle. The Paleo Diet will allow you to eat healthy, enjoy your meals, and assist you in achieving real health and wellness!
The Paleo Diet does not include grains, dairy, sugars, or processed foods – none of which provide nutritional value and support disease-causing inflammation in the body. The Paleo Diet supports eating a healthy mix of organic safe meat, fresh vegetables, some fruit, some nuts and seeds… and of course, healthy fats and oils! “Food is our fuel” that makes the body run – what you put into your bod will become the building blocks for every cell, muscle, tissue, and organ. The old adage “you are what you eat” was surprisingly true.
Here are 5 easy tips to help you get started on your Paleo journey to a healthy lifestyle:
1) Pre-cook your food, even bring lunch to work. In order to minimize cooking time, cook large batches of food at the beginning of the week or several days in advance!
2) Keep a paleo-friendly meal replacement bar or shake in your desk or purse in case of a change of plans. Being un-prepared will lead to poor decision making.
3) Try a new vegetable – the more color, and the deeper the color, the more nutritious it is! For example, kale is one of my favorite superfoods and it’s very versatile – you can use it in recipes for smoothies, salads, and even cooking as a warm dinner side.
4) Don’t keep any food you don’t “want” to eat in the house… at all. Out of sight, out of mind. And no, your kids don’t need those chips and cookies either.
5) Learn how to use new spices. This will offer much more variety and flavors in your meals.
And speaking of planning, here’s a little inspiration for planning your healthy paleo-friendly snacks!
– Apple with almond butter
– Cinnamon Nuts (nuts dusted with cinnamon and baked at 250 degrees about 10-15 minutes)
– Hard boiled eggs
– “Guacamole” salad (equal amounts of cubed avocado and tomato, sprinkle with chopped red onion and cilantro)
– Fresh vegetable juice / smoothie
– Kale chips (coat kale in olive oil and cook at 250 degrees for approx. 20 mins.or until crisp)
We have many more Healthy Eating help Articles Now Available.